Sunday, April 12, 2009

Hello on Sunday Morning

Dear Friends,

Saturday went okay for Mom. I was there for breakfast, and lunch. We did alter Mom's lunch. Our son Kevin brought in some of his home made meatballs. He calls them "Grandma's Meatballs" at his restaurant. His customers love them, and so did his Grandma Curley.
Grandma passed on the recipe to Kevin. Of course, nothing is written down. Since I didn't have breakfast on Saturday morning, Kevin packed me up a Meat Ball Grinder for lunch. It was wonderful. I can see why Kevin's customers call up, and ask for Grandma's Meatballs specifically.
Marie came to the hospital at 1:15 PM, but I don't know how long after Mom's supper that she stayed with Mom. She had a house full of her family members too.

I will be heading to the hospital in a little while to help Mom with breakfast. I can't stay too long since I have to help Linda with our noon time Easter dinner. Linda has caught a cold, and she feels like dog do do! She has to rally because we have a full day today, and on Monday because on Tuesday we have a 6 AM flight to visit our grandchild Isabelle in Kansas.
Of course I will have guilt leaving Dear Old Mom as she enters her last few days of her life. I will also feel guilty because Marie will be the only care giver except for her family own members. Dad reiterated the fact that if Mom does go while we are in Kansas, we will have the services for her when I return.

It is amazing that as I talk about Mom's situation on a daily basis, so many of you have gone through this already. I can see how the caregiver can get just as sick as the person being cared for.

On a happier note, The Red Sox won a thriller on national television yesterday afternoon.
Also my sons and I got caught up in the National College Hockey final last evening. Another Boston team was successful in attaining first place at something. The game was so exciting, the highlights will be on the ESPN Sports Center all day long today.

Tiger has a very long shot to better his position at the Masters Golf Tournament, but it will be difficult for him to come in first place.

Well, I have too many things to do, so I have to bring this e-mail to a close.
Have a great Sunday.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: