Monday, April 13, 2009

Hello on Tuesday Morning

Dear Friends,

Yes, it is a bit early, but we are exiting the house at 3:30 AM for our trip to the airport, and eventually to Kansas. The long term forecast for Kansas is for a chance of rain for several days in a row, but the temperatures will be reaching the high 60's pretty much every day.

Our day went well on Tuesday. I was at the hospital before the 7 AM shift arrived at Berkshire Medical Center. I assisted Mom with breakfast as well as talking the charge nurse to upping Mom's pain medicine. It was 10:30 AM by the time it was approved, and administered.
She was out like a light when I left a little after 11 AM. Dad and my sister took over for the lunchtime meal. Mom kept on insisting it was time for her to depart this earth, but her body has not shut down one bit.
Many of my friends who have lost loved ones had told me that it often takes weeks for the inevitable. One friend said that he wouldn't be surprised if Mom would still be alive by the time our Kansas trip comes to an end.

Linda never left the house on Monday. She was busy most of the day washing clothes, including mine, and packing for the trip. I made a written list, and the only thing left is for me to pack the lap top.

My UNICO meeting went very well. I have been successful in keeping the meeting under 1 hour. Last night's meeting was over in 45 minutes. The May meeting is my last meeting to run. The new President takes over on June 12, 2009. I can't wait for that to happen.

Well, I am going to pack up the computer, and jump in the shower.
Loading up the car will be the last thing that I do before exiting Pittsfield.

In a few short hours, we will be with our grandchild Isabelle.
The thought of taking a break from care giving is wonderful thing, but of course it comes along with a bit of guilt since my sister will be doing double duty.

Have a great Tuesday.
My next e-mail will be from Kansas.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: