Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Hello on Wednesday Morning

Dear Friends,

Dad spent a second night staying with Mom in her hospital room. I am going there in a little while to bring him something to eat, and his favorite newspaper. I thought that Mom was not her chipper self on Tuesday. I think that the Morphine drip, which was used more often, was making her a bit groggy. She did eat a couple of meals with solid food, but I am not sure if she will be able to this morning. I read the Hospice Booklet which explains the sequence of events in a terminally patient.

Having my two sons here has been a good help for Linda and I with respect to our mental health. Kevin & Kyla might be going back to East Boston today for a couple of days unless the inevitable happens. They had already planned to be here for Easter Dinner.

On a happier note, our tulips are growing pretty well. They are not close to the flowering stage because the weather has been a bit cool. One flower bed might take a bit longer to burst in to its spring colors because of a little accident. One of our friends really has trouble backing her vehicle straight out of our driveway. There are no curves in the blacktop. It is a straight run whether you enter or exit the driveway. Well, this friend backed right over the flower bed. She had done so in the past several times. I used to have the flower bed boxed off with pressure treated wood. She backed into this flower bed so many times that I gave up with the wood structure. I can straightened the bricks which she knocked over, but I am not sure how sideways growing tulips growing might look.

It is also different having a full fledged Republican under our roof. Our military son Michael has my Brother-in-law to bond with when we are all together visiting Mom.

Speaking of visiting Mom, it is actually kind of nice that all the people who have been visiting Mom have been able to talk with her. To me it is like have a Wake, but you are able to talk with the person instead of making comments (while in the casket) that "She looks so good", or "She doesn't look like she is 92 years old", etc.

Well, I have to get dressed and go off to the hospital to check on Mom and Dad before the rest of the family comes to visit.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: