Thursday, April 2, 2009

Hello on Thursday Morning

Dear Friends,

Our Wednesday went as planned except for my Chicken Novena. While Linda was partying with her friends last evening, I dined on leftovers.

Yard work didn't happen because it was too cold. I had the wrong day for the nice weather. Today is supposed to be the highest temperature since winter has been over. To hit a temperature like 65 degrees will truly be a heat wave.

Yes, I did visit Mom for a couple of hours. I even had time to make a few casts with a lure "As seen on television" after visiting Mom. Laurel Lake is totally free of ice. I did hook on to a 30 inch stick, but I never did get a bite from a real fish.

Speaking of Mom, we have a family meeting today at 10:30 AM at the nursing home to discuss progress so far, and the direction which we are going in with respect to Mom's rehabilitation.
Linda and my sister are doing lunch after the meeting. I will be heading back to Pittsfield to make a dent in the yard work which I keep on postponing.

Politics -- President Obama continues to talk with the Global Leaders while the protesters continue to make a statement. Maybe if more people had jobs then there would be less protesters. The wacky world we live in are a lot like the books which I have been reading, and the movies I have been seeing. The writers must get their ideas from the reality which surrounds us.

Social Calendar -- I have to continue to deal with the Wine Tasting issues for our Friday night affair. Linda is hosting a session of Mah Jongg at our house this evening.



Sports -- I did watch the Boston Celtics win a double overtime game on their home court.


Observation -- What food will they tell us not to eat next? Pistachio's are a fun food to eat, and now the FDA says not to eat them. What do we do with all the ones which are in the stores, and in our homes. I think people in a starving third world country would be happy with any food. How about the pistachios already in the ice-cream? I would bet that you can find tainted food in almost everything which we consume. The soil which our food is grown in, and the water used for irrigation, and the chemicals put on to kill insects will kill us for sure. Maybe we all should have victory gardens like they did during the Great Depression.

Have a great Thursday!
Easter is a week away.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: