Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Hello on Tuesday Morning from Kansas

Dear Friends,

Linda and I are counting the hours, minutes, and seconds until we depart the Curley home in Kansas in about 24 hours from now. The time really flew by quickly during this visit.

Mother Update -- We are no longer waiting for Mom to expire. We are on a life watch since Mom's surgery yesterday morning. My sister called us from Berkshire Medical Center on Monday morning to say that Mom's surgery went well. The amputation went as planned, and now the recovery process begins. It will not be an easy transition for Mom and our family, but we felt that it wasn't time for the good Lord to take Mom.
The next step in the process is rehab in a nursing home, and eventually a return to her home in Lee. Since Mom will be wheel chair bound, there are many things which will have to be worked out.

On a different note, three of the Boston Sports teams were victorious on Monday. The Red Sox won their 11 AM baseball game in 40 degree weather at Fenway. The Boston Bruins beat their arch rivals, the Montreal Canadians, to take a 3 to 0 lead in their playoff series. Finally, the Celtics won their playoff game with a last minute shot with 2 seconds left in the game. I went to bed a happy man last evening. The only game which I was able to watch on television was the Celtic game.

Social Calendar -- Linda is going off to Isabelle's gym class at 8:30 AM, and then the females will all head off to a neighbor's birthday party which had to be rescheduled do to an illness.
I will be doing a load of clothes since I packed light, and have run out of clean underwear.


Politics -- Hillary Clinton says that it is wrong for the Dutch to release captured pirates. The Dutch let 7 captured pirates go because their government(the Dutch) felt that they were arrested out of the Dutch jurisdiction area. Could this be a Democrat taking a strong political stance on an important issue? I thought that only Republicans were tough on the bad guys?

Well, I have to start my morning routine. I am the only one up right now. I am really trying to be quiet.
I even tap computer keys in a noisy manner. Can I pour a cup of coffee, and do so quietly. I set up the coffee pot the night before so that I wouldn't disturb the household.

Have a great Tuesday
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: