Monday, October 12, 2009

Hello on Monday

Dear Friends,

We had another pleasant day in Kansas. I acted like a slug as I watched both
New England teams as they went down to defeat, the Red Sox in Boston, and the
Patriots in Denver in overtime. I am not wearing any of my Red Sox gear or
Patriot gear until we get back to Massachusetts on Wednesday night. I had to
purchase a nondescript article of clothing for the flight back to Logan.

It continues to be cold in Leavenworth. We won't get out of the forties for the
next few days. The average high at this time of the year in Kansas is normally
around 68 to 70 degrees.

I am the only one up right now, but that will change shortly. Mike will be
picking up Danielle at the Kansas City airport this afternoon. Linda and I will
prepare a crock pot beef roast for supper this evening with all the fixings.

Politics / News -- I just got through watching Rush Limbaugh on the Today Show.
The interviewer asked if President Obama has done anything correctly (in his
mind)? He couldn't think of a single thing. The interview also asked if he
represents the Repuplican Party? He said "No" , and he has no desire to do so.
Hillary was also interviewed by another reporter in Sweden. She had to justify
the feeling by some people in this country that her role has been "marginal."
Anyone can show faults from the outside looking in.
I always believe that people should walk in the shoes of the people who they
are complaining about, and their perspective would change in a heartbeat.

Observation -- As we was in the Super Walmart last evening purchasing some
clothing and food items, we noticed for a second time that there was very little
traffic in the store. Even though the place is open 24 hours, and it is a place
for one stop shopping, I don't see how the store is going to make it unless more
customers are in the store purchasing items. The store is relatively new, and
time will tell if it makes it. There still is a town in Massachusetts which has
denied Walmart to build a store in their community. Luckily we still have a
hardware store in Pittsfield which you can actually talk to a human being who
knows what they are talking about. Bigger and better doesn't always seem to be
the best way to go.
Yes we have a Wamart and a Home Depot in Pittsfield. Yes, I do use them since
they are two miles from where we live. The other day , I had to fix some leaky
sink faucets. I went to the little guy, and he knew exactly what I was looking
for, and he took care of me instantaneously. It was so nice not to have to go up
and down the isles of those mega stores.

Have a great week at work or play.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: