Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Hello on Tuesday Morning

Dear Friends,

Another day went as planned on Monday. My first stop was to my parent's home in
Lee to remove two air conditioners. Dad wasn't home at the time. He was doing
his morning routine of socializing with some senior friends at the local
MacDonald's. After completing this task, I headed off to visit Mom at the
Providence Care Nursing home in Lenox (5 miles north of Lee). Since the weather
was rather pleasant for a fall day, I took Mom outside for almost an hour. She
loved breathing the good old fresh air while getting a good dose of sunshine.

Speaking of sunshine, a report came out that said today's youngsters are
growing up with a lack of Vitamin D, which comes from the sun. Of course the
medical solution is to give the kids a pill to solve the problem. Our parents
knew how to solve the Vitamin D deficiency by making us kids get out of the
house, and play outdoors. The younger generation wants to sit in front of
television, or use an X-Box, Wii and play video games, or play on the computer,
and surf the internet. What ever happened to grabbing a basketball, or a bat
and ball, and head off to the local park, and play some pick up games with the
neighborhood kids?

Speaking of the computers, I am so glad that I grew up without them even though
I use them daily right now to communicate with family and friends, book trips,
hotels, events, etc.
You can't watch a minute of television without seeing one of those "E harmony.
com " commercials. What ever happened to getting out of the house, heading off
to a tavern, social gathering, young professional associations, volunteer
organizations, work related gatherings, etc. and finding a lifetime partner, or
at least someone to go out with? Relationships can't materialize unless you "Put
it out there".
As an example, there are several adult costume parties this Halloween weekend
at establishments through out the county. If I was single, I would get myself a
costume, and attend a couple of parties, and hopefully make contact with a
member of the opposite sex. They have several parties this weekend that even
cater to people looking for a partner of the same sex.
If you don't want to go alone, grab a couple of friends who are in the same
situation as you.
My point is that you have to work at establishing a relationship. I believe
that it needs to be done in person. Yes, there are wacko's in the venues that I
described above, but there are just as many wacko's on the internet who make up
information about themselves.

Social Calendar -- Linda has her normal Tuesday Mah Jongg session. I am going
to attack the garage. I need to get down every bucket (at least 20 of them)
which has something to do with Christmas. I have to see what we have, and what
needs to be replaced. As I said in a previous e-mail, we are going to "do up"
Christmas kind of special since both or our sons and their families will be in
Pittsfield for Christmas. We will most likely be lit up like "Chevvy Chase"
Christmas Classic.

My new mouse traps caught another mouse. It continues to work as described on
the package.
My new bird holder set up has been working fine until I saw a chipmunk
yesterday afternoon, with his cheeks so filled with sunflower seeds, dinning at
my bird feeder. He must be getting ready for the winter at my expense! I would
use one of my new mouse traps, but I don't want to kill a bird by mistake.

My sleep cycle is out of whack today because I went too bed to early. Let me
correct that statement, I wanted to watch Monday night Football as the ladies
were playing Mah Jongg in the basement. I was watching the pregame stuff in the
family room. At 8 PM, my football watching ended because Linda was DVR recording
"Dancing with the stars" and "So you think you can dance?" I proceeded to watch
football on the bedroom television. Well, as soon as I got into a horizontal
position, I fell asleep in two minutes. By 3 AM, I was all slept out. I will
need an afternoon nap for sure!

One of my diehard Yankee fans, who reads my daily e-mails, was wondering why I
didn't mention the Yankee win the other evening. The win propelled the Yankees
in the World Series which starts tomorrow night. If you are a Red Sox fan, it is
so difficult to root for a team which broke my heart. I find it so difficult to
cheer for or to get excited about a team whom I grew up despising. Yes, I know
that I will get sucked into watching some of the games of the World Series. The
question is, who will I be cheering for? I could care less about either team!

Well, I might go back to bed right now, and see if I could pick up some
valuable hours of sleep before I tackle today's project.
Have a great Tuesday.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: