Saturday, October 10, 2009

Hello on Saturday Morning

Dear Friends,
The warm and fuzzy feeling between Isabelle and me has finally arrived. It took
a little longer than I had expected, but that is okay.

Isabelle doesn't realize that her Mom isn't even. While I was taking my nap,
and Isabelle was taking hers on Friday, Mike drove Danielle to the Kansas City
Airport. She went to Denver to see a girlfriend and her husband who are
stationed in Germany, but who are attending a conference in Colorado. They are
all staying at the home of the girlfriend's sister in Denver. Her girlfriend is
expecting her first child.
Danielle said that this was her first trip without being with her daughter. It
would have been more difficult to say goodbye to Isabelle if she wasn't taking a
nap.

We were near the freezing mark here in Leavenworth last night. We might not
reach 50 degrees today. Another cold night is on tap for this evening.

Sports -- I watched my Red Sox lose for a second consecutive night. I haven't
quite given up on them yet. Four teams have come back from a two game deficit.
There is always hope.
The Patriots play on Sunday at 4:15 PM. Their running back Fred Taylor has an
ankle injury that appears to need surgery. A winning team needs a running game
if they have Superbowl aspirations.

Social Calendar -- Isabelle has a 10 AM birthday party this morning. You know
those Curley's, if we are invited to a party, it is difficult to decline an
invitation.
I think that we are going to find some time to attend the Irish Festival after
Isabelle takes an afternoon nap. The festival is outdoors.
Linda and I might have to make a trip to the Super Walmart, and pickup a couple
of turtle necks. We didn't pack winter like clothes. My warmest article of
clothing is a Red Sox hoodie. We packed clothes according to a ten day forecast
which didn't have any 30 degree weather in the forecast.

Politics -- Just as I predicted, there was a good deal of negative response to
our President receiving the Nobel Peace Prize. The national news featured Rush
Limbaugh's comments that I just got through watching. I knew Rush would make
some not so nice comment, and he did!

Observation -- I have savored three books since we have been in Kansas. I need
to take a break, and take an more active role in entertaining Isabelle.
I mention the reading of books because one of the books was about tracking a
terrorist who arrived in the United States on an airplane which arrived at JFK.
The terrorist began his killing spree in New York.
The United States anti terrorist task force had their office over looking the
Twin Towers. They kept on referring how wonderful the towers looked from their
office building. I checked the copyright of the book which I was reading. The
copyright date was 2000, which was a year before the destruction of the twin
towers. I thought that this was kind of freaky!

Have to go and play with Isabelle.
She just woke up!
Have a great weekend. The Curley Lad

No comments: