Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Hello on Tuesday Morning

Dear Friends,

My outdoor projects never took place as planned on Monday. Procrastination and
retirement seemed to be linked to one another.
I did have the riding lawnmower, and the snow blower picked up so that some
routine maintenance could be done on both machines. The snow blower was acting
strange last winter. When I described the issue, the repair man said that it
could be a bearing issue. I can't wait for this bill!

I did go to the Providence Care nursing home in Lenox to visit dear old mom.
The therapist was working on Mom's remaining leg when I walked in. I thought Mom
has progressed very well with respect to strengthening of her leg, and doing
more physical things on her own.

I did leave Linda alone so that she could do her projects without much
interruption from me. Yeah Right!

My UNICO meeting went well except for the fact that more events and projects
are starting to fill up the month of November and into December with respect to
my (our) social calendar.

Today Linda and I are going in two different directions. Linda and some
girlfriends are doing a road trip to visit with her friend's two daughters who
are currently in the Boston area. They are eventually going to visit Kevin and
Kyla, and their son Max, and have some kind of food at Kevin's restaurant
"Dough" in East Boston.

I have so many projects to take care of that I don't know where to begin.
I also have the dreaded routine dental checkup at 11 AM. The dentist seems to
always find something wrong with my teeth. One visit seems to turn into two or
three.

Sports -- I hope that your baseball teams won yesterday. I can't get into the
playoffs since the Red Sox aren't one of the participants.
The Patriots are gathering all their gear and heading to England to play this
Sunday's 1 PM game against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. They are playing at Wembly
Stadium. The 80,000 available tickets sold out in 6 minutes.

Politics -- They caught a NASA scientist trying to sell secrets to the
Israeli's. I have no patience or sympathy for spies. This is a crime against our
Nation. Death should be the penalty for spying! This most likely won't happen
because we have jailed spies in the past. Have I gone from a Liberal to a
Conservative?

Weather -- We have a mild day on tap here in the Berkshires. I need to
accomplish some outdoor tasks today before the next front rolls in, and
temperatures dip a little. We are into a cycle of not so good weather on the
weekend.

Observation -- I have been feeding the birds the past couple of weeks. Every
morning I have been checking to see if the bird feeders are exactly where I
left them. So far, so good! I am hoping that the bears don't remember the tasty
sun flower seeds that I use in my bird feeders.
Actually, there haven't been many bear stories in our local newspaper over the
past couple of months. People have been paying attention to the wildlife people
about not putting out bird feeders in the summer time. My not feeding the birds
in the summer has cut down on the chipmunk population too.
The one thing that I have to deal with is mice. I am going to set out some
peanut butter laden traps in our garage. Every time I go to straighten out the
shelves in our garage, there is evidence that the mice have been living and
playing in our garage. I will not be using have a heart traps. Death is the only
solution!

Have a great day at work or play!
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: