Sunday, October 18, 2009

Hello on Sunday Morning

Dear Friends,
Hello from the Sheep & Wool Festival. Linda is having so much fun that she has
already booked in mentally for next year's event. They have been doing this
festival since 1980. I don't know how she missed it.
Now you are probably thinking if I am having the same amount of fun that she
has been having so far. Let us say that I did have to take a couple of breaks,
and go back to the car to have a couple of cool ones.
We are going back for the second and final day so I will give you a better
assessment of how things actually went on Monday morning.

The good thing was that the predicted rain never materialized on Saturday. We
will not be so lucky today. What kept me somewhat sane was a food pavilion where
I could sample foods and wines , and also watch people spin yarn from the wool
of sheep. Maybe I will buy a spinner, and spin wool for Linda so that she
doesn't have to shop in any yarn stores.
They also had a display of border collies herding sheep as well as border
collies leaping to catch frisbees. The border collies reminder me of our son's
dog Billie. Billie would have had fun at the event except for the fact that he
is getting a bit old to do some of those activities.

There were two food vendors outdoors which had very long lines. We arrived so
early that we were able to sample their foods before the never ending lines
formed. One of these vendors was making a fortune selling deep fried artichokes.
They were wonderful!
The second vendor was selling Chicken Pot Pies. We decided to late to try this
type of food. By noontime the lines for chicken pot pies was never ending. This
booth will be our first stop today.

50 paces from the Rodeway Motel is the Skytop Restaurant & Brewery. They are
not connected, but you do get a 10 percent discount on your food bill if you are
staying at the Motel. We ate a Friday lunch there that had the best Calimari
that we have ever had so far in our lives. There was enough to serve four people
which we weren't expecting. Their handcrafted beers were wonderful too.
Last night we had supper there, and the Prime Rib was cooked perfectly. We
asked for medium rare, and that is the way that it was cooked.
We went to bed early since Linda was so tired. She shopped from 8:30 AM until
5:15 PM. The festival is supposed to end at 4 PM. Linda kept shopping until the
vendors closed down their yarn booths.

I couldn't send an e-mail yesterday because our "mouse " died, and I am not
good at running a laptop without a mouse. We puchased a new one at a Mall on the
way back to our hotel on Saturday.

I sort of knew that I was in trouble yesterday when I walked into a tent which
had sheep, and they showed the type of wool that you would get from each breed
of sheep. The first penned in sheep started Baaing at me.
I definitely did have to count sheep to get to bed last night. They were
everywhere in my brain last night.

Well, I have to prepare my body for today's activities.
Say a prayer that I can make it through another day.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: