Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Hello on Tuesday Morning

Dear Friends,

As you see, the Curley's are on the move again.

Kevin dropped us off at Logan airport around 9 AM on Monday.
As usual, I held up up the line with my sleep apnea device an other things that
set off the alarms at the security check point. They had to send my things
through a second time through the x-ray machines. Linda could have been at our
gate if she didn't have to wait for me. She kept on saying that traveling with
me is like traveling with a child. I need a good deal of supervision. This is
why we like going to the airport early. Traveling with the Curley lad is always
an experience.

We arrived in Kansas a little after 1 PM. Danielle and Isabelle picked us up at
the airport. They live about a 25 minute drive from the airport. Isabelle was
excited to see us, but she did tend to gravitate toward Grandma Linda. After a
quick sandwich for lunch, I went down for a nap at 2:30 PM. Usually Isabelle
takes one too, but she was wired, and Danielle decided to keep her awake until
bedtime.
I almost slept through supper since my nap lasted for 2.5 hours. Actually
everyone was at the supper table when I surfaced from the guest bedroom located
in the lower portion of their home.
Danielle is a crock pot queen too, so we had another crock pot meal. This was a
breakfast concoction which you put in a wrap. It was yummy!
Since Danielle is taking two college courses several times per week, their
crock pot will get a work out all year long.

Isabelle is up and having breakfast right now, but I seemed to have made her
cry when I tried to approach her. This is the second child in the last few days
that I seem to scare them, and make them cry. A mustache, dark eyebrows, and
wild hair makes me into a Halloween monster every day of the year.

Well, my son is into Halloween (similar to a Chevvy Chase Griswald Christmas).
There are indoor, and outdoor decorations everywhere including a couple of blow
up creatures on their front lawn. I think that he might win the prize for the
most decorated house during the Halloween Season in their neighborhood.

Isabelle is cute as ever, not just because she is our grandchild. She has
reddish hair with blond streaks that looks like she went to a beauty saloon to
have it done.
She knows a few more words since we last saw her in June. Isabelle is like the
energizer bunny when she runs around the house and their yard. Our son Kevin was
like this too when he was growing up.

Sports -- I did watch the Vikings and their old man (he will be 40 years old
this weekend) quarter back Brett Farve do battle with his former team, the
Packers. The Viking are the fifth team with a 4 and 0 record as we go into week
5 this weekend.
My Patriots are playing Denver at 4:15 PM this coming Sunday. I can't wait.
I still have my Red Sox playing during the middle of the week to keep me
entertained.

Social Calendar -- We are going to an Arboretum today to commune with nature
during the mid morning. I think we are going to make a middle of the week trip
to a zoo too.

Observation -- Linda and I love the grandchildren experience so far. We are
trying to visualize Isabelle, and her cousin Max when they are together at our
house in the Berkshires at Christmas. I already have wishes from my Queen to
over decorate our house for Christmas.
We also can't wait for Danielle's brother and his wife to have their baby girl
(their first) in January in Minnesota.
We also have the two grandchildren Matthew and Malakai) from my sister's
family.
We will have to find a time, and place when all the families and children can
be together sometime in the future.

Weather -- We are going to reach 67 degrees today, and a little higher on
Wednesday before a rainy day arrives on Thursday. After that wet day, the
temperatures drop like a rock. Shorts, and short sleeve shirts will have to be
put back in our suitcases. We both packed half of our clothes for mild weather,
and half of our clothes for cooler weather.

Have a great day wherever you are.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: