Thursday, October 8, 2009

Hello on Thursday Morning

Dear Friends,
We had a pleasant day at the Kansas City Zoo on Wednesday. The weather was
nice, and there were no crowds which made it even better.

The warm and fuzzy feeling between me and my grandchild hasn't occurred quite
yet. Grandma and Isabelle are still bonding quite well.
I am not implying that my granddaughter runs and hides from me, or starts
crying or screaming, but she just prefers Grandma over Grandpa.

Sports -- There were three baseball games on television yesterday. It is so
difficult to get excited when your team is not any of them. I was hoping that
the Twins could knock off the Yankees. Not!
My Red Sox play this evening. There is a one hour time difference in Kansas so
I won't be up as late as my East Coast friends who watch baseball. Go Red Sox!

Politics -- 1 in 4 people worldwide are Muslims. I hope that the majority of
them are peaceful. I am reading a book about a not so peaceful one who is in
America killing people, and who is systematically killing the Air Force Squadron
who bombed his village, and killed his family and relatives. It is a book of
fiction, but I could see some real life connections.

I see where the number crunchers are putting dollar figures to the Health Care
Package bill being pushed by the President. AARP supports the bill, and I do
too!

Weather -- It is dark and dreary outside in Leavenworth today. It is supposed
to be like this for most of the day. The temperature then drops like a rock. We
have the appropriate clothing to get us through this cold spell.

Observation -- There are Irish people in Kansas, and nearby Kansas, Missouri.
There is a big time three day festival in Weston, Missouri about a 20 minute ride
from Leavenworth. They have a brewery, and a Pub called O'Malley's that are side
by side, and owned by the same group of people. They will have some Irish bands
playing, and this little town will be rocking all weekend long. We have heard
some of the bands before like "The Young Dubliners". I can't wait for the
weekend!

Have to answer some other e-mails.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: