Thursday, October 22, 2009

Hello on Thursday Morning

Dear Friends,

Another day went exactly as planned. The luncheon went very. The guest speaker
from Massachusetts College of Liberal Arts did a great job. She was a former
college biology teacher who now is an administrator at the college. No one
complained about the food which also was a positive. They had a Chinese raffle,
and Linda won three times. Since she is the wife of the President, some people
thought that the raffle might have been fixed.

Mah Jongg went okay for Linda last evening. She came home earlier than I had
expected because the other participants were tired.
My friend did come over to our house as Linda left to play Mah Jongg. We bonded
for an hour and solved all the problems in the world.

Social Calendar -- After a mid morning body maintenance procedure, I am pretty
sure that Linda has no other commitments.
I am going to the nursing home, and take Mom outside since the weatherman
predicted a shorts, and shirt sleeve day before a front cools things off. I do
need to finish my yard projects too.
I do have an evening commitment. There is a "Neighborhood Watch" meeting at a
friend's home at 6:30 PM.

Mice Saga -- One of the plastic traps was moved from the position which I set
it in on Wednesday. The trap never got set off once again.
I set out a wooden trap next to the plastic trap. The trap is gone. When
daylight arrives, I will see if I can find the trap, and hopefully a dead mouse
in it. I am not happy with the high tech plastic traps right now, but I won't
give up for a while!

Politics -- The executives from the banking, and auto industry will not be
getting cash bonuses (from tax payer funds). Their bonuses will be in the form
of company stock.

Observation -- My golfing buddy, who fell off of his ladder while engaged in a
home project, needs surgery. When he went into the hospital on the day of the
incident (summer time), the results were that nothing was broken. Unknown to the
guy, and to his wife, was that the report said that he had a torn rotator cuff.
The hospital doctors never sent that report to his personal physician.
My friend then set up several sessions with a therapist. The therapist was
unsuccessful in getting my friend back to normal. The therapist suggested that
my friend should get another MRI. After the concerned wife made a few telephone
calls, the person she talked to looked at the emergency room report. It did say
that the rotator cuff was damaged.
No one told my friend about this injury. My friend spent most of the summer
trying to get better while not aware of the damaged rotator cuff. Something is
wrong with this picture!
My friend goes under the knife next week. The healing from such an operation is
a slow process. His wife will be in the nursing mode for the first couple of
weeks after surgery. Good thing that us married males have someone to take care
of us.

If you live in the Berkshires, and you were planning on doing yard work on
Saturday you better like working in the rain!

Have a great Thursday.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: