Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Hello on Wednesday Morning

Dear Friends,

Another day went as planned with only a few changes. I did the garage thing
from 9 AM until 2:30 PM. I moved so many buckets that I lost count. I filled up
two of three trash cans with accumulated junk. I told Linda not to ask me what I
threw out.
I am ready to put out the Christmas glasses and coffee mugs, but Linda thinks
that it is a bit early. Since we have Thanksgiving at the other end of the
State, it is difficult to get excited decorating the house with a Thanksgiving
theme.
We will put out a few fall items, but not as much as in the past.

I am going off to the dentist this morning to fix a cavity under a cavity. I
will have the dentist shoot me up with Novocaine, before he starts drilling and
filling. I can hear the whine of the drill, and I am not even at the dentist
office yet. The dentist normally sets aside 30 minutes for filling a cavity.
When I have work done, he sets aside an hour. I can't wait!

Linda will be a baking machine today. She is making three pumpkin breads for a
weekend bazaar at the Italian American Club. While the breads are baking, she
will be making a cake for Thursday evening's Polenta Dinner at the ITAM.
I might push / encourage her to make a batch of those pumpkin cookies while the
oven is still hot. This cookie recipe was passed on to Linda by an elder member
of out ITAM Lodge. The cookies are so good! The recipe can only be passed on to
family members, or really close friends.

I am up early because my sleep apnea mask kept on falling apart while I was
trying to get some sleep. The plastic pieces are getting tired. I don't go in
for a pulmonary check up until November 19, 2009. I need to get a new
prescription, and purchase the device at a different provider. We changed health
care plans on July 1, 2009. We are playing by a different set of rules.

Sports -- I usually fall asleep listening to a Sports talk program on the
radio. A 42 year old woman, who is a Phillies fan, really wanted to go to the
World Series. She was so desperate to get tickets to the games, that she offered
her body up by way of a Craigslist advertisement. An undercover policeman
answered her request, and arrested her for Prostitution. Now that's a sports
fan!

I did watch the Boston Celtics beat the Cleveland Cavaliers on opening night of
the NBA season. Lebron James scored 38 points for Cleveland, but what good is it
when your team looses the game in your own house? I can't really sit there , and
watch an NBA game from start to finish. I put the volume on low, and read a book
at the same time.

Linda not only played Mah Jongg with her normal Tuesday group, but she was
asked to play last evening with a third group. She is a substitute in this
group. She arrived home just as the Celtic game ended.
She is out again this evening, but it is with her once a month BONCO group of
women.
As you see, no moss has a chance to grow under the feet of the Curley's.
We just need to find a couple of days where we have a totally free social
calendar. This won't happen until late next week!

Observation -- My new device that I made for the birds has not been working as
planned. Two chipmunks, and three squirrels have been eating most of my
sunflower seeds. When it started to rain yesterday afternoon, the furry
creatures left, and the birds returned. If I lived in a wooded area, I would
seriously consider shooting the furry creatures.
I set out one of my mouse traps with the hopes of killing a chipmunk. The
chipmunk set off the trap with out getting caught in it, and ate the bait
(crunchy peanut butter). They are so smart that even a "Have a Heart" won't even
work.
I have poison bait, but I am afraid to put it our because our son brings his two
dogs when he and his family travels to the Berkshires from East Boston.
I am going to win this battle with the furry creatures, but I haven't figured
out how. I feel like I am fighting the Taliban. The targets are always moving
from place to place, and they often hit and run.

Politics -- We are losing military personnel on a daily basis. It must be so sad
for loved ones to receive that type of news. Does anyone have a solution to the
daily killings, and bombings? It is so sad that the terrorist kill so many of
their own people, and for what reason.

Have a pleasant Wednesday.
Say a prayer for all of our military who are in "Harms Way!"
Will there ever be Peace in that part of the world?
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: