Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving

Dear Friends,

Our Wednesday went exactly as planned. Of course, I was the first one up at our
son's house. I was expecting Max to wake up at 6:30 AM, but it didn't happen. He
startred crying for a little while at 5:10 AM, but I think that it was the wind
which woke him up. Kevin brouight him into their bed, but Max proceed to crawl
all over Kyla's head. Well, that didn't last to long so Kevin put him back in
his crib. Max never woke up until 8 AM. Linda got up a little after 7 AM
figuring that I would need help taking care of Max. Not!

Kyla got up before Linda and headed off to her place of work in downtown Boston.
Kevin slept until 8:40 before he woke up, took a shower, and grabbed a quick cup
of coffee. Kevin and I took Max to day care, and I was introduced to the daycare
workers so that I now have the right to pick up Max from daycare.

Linda and I then headed to the Brodeur's for a little chopping and dicing. Linda
whipped up a batch of stuffed mushrooms. Ginny cooked the vegetables in between
taking care of her grandchild Owen. Jerry started helping out with the chopping
and dicing, but he wasn't feeling that great so he stopped and went to lay down.
This was okay becuase it meant less people in the kitchen banging into one
another.
When Linda and I services were no longer required, Linda and I went back to our
son's place. Linda made me a quick sndwich, and I headed off for my afternoon
nap. I love my afternoon nap!

Around 4 PM, we received a telephone call that the party started at the
Brodeur's. The Yesue's provided the drinks and appetizers before the ham dinner.
Peggy Yesue brought this big honker of a machine that make Margarita's,
smoothies, etc. It took up a large section of the Brodeur's counter top. She
made strawberry margarita's. The food which they provided were chicken legs
cooked on the Brodeur grill, creamed salmon with crackers, and stuffed dates. By
the time we sat down for the spiral ham dinner which included beans and
coleslaw, I think we had about ten people around the table. Kyla had to take Max
home before dinner was served so that he could go to bed, so Linda made up a
plate for. We brought the plate home as the party ended. Kevin didn't make the
party because he was working at his restaurant until he closed it up around 8:30
PM.

I think the plan for today is for Linda and me to head off to the Brodeur's a
little before 11 AM. I have to cut up lemons and limes. Linda is going to cook
the stuff mushrooms. The turnips, squash are all done (I peeled these two items
too), and just have to be heated up. Jerry usually does the mashed potatoes. I
peeled and cut up 10 pounds a potatoes, and put them in a pot of cold water when
I completed that task on Wednesday. Ginny puts the turkey in the oven at 6 AM
after she makes the stuffing. I would be there to help her, but I have been
assigned the task of taking care of Max when he is done sleeping. Also, we used
to stay at the Brodeur's in past years, but every bedroom is being used. Peggy
and Albert are sleeping in one bed. Their son Vincent is in another bed, and
Todd Brodeur, Anitra, and their child Owen are sleeping in Todd's old bedroom. I
am trying to figure out how and where 18 of us will be situated around the
dinner table including Max in his booster chair.
Kyla's dad, Michael Piercey, is coming from Boston, but going directly to Kevina
and Kyla's place first, and then they are all heading off to the Brodeur's. We
might have to bring Kyla's artichoke dip to the party since we are going before
they do.
Jerry's 90 year old dad will be driving to the Brodeur's. He lives in an
assisted living pace in Tewksbury. Some broeur relatives, and Ginny's Aunt
Jeanette will be attending also. Aunt Jeannette used to drive, but I think that
she stopped because she used to forget how to get back home from where ever she
was driving to.

My dad will be dinning with his wife at the nursing home. My sister did invite
him to join her table of 14 people, but he declined the offer. I don't think
that he could mange well with two toddlers running around in the house which is
perfectly normal except for people who are 87 (Dad), and 94 (Mom).

Politics -- We can't discuss politics at the dinner table at the Brodeur's. We
have a couple of staunch Republicans at the table, and we don't want any
bickering or heated discussions. I already got myself in trouble at last night's
dinner table, and we weren't even discussing politics. I have many black and
blue marks on one of my legs from Linda kicking me. I can't even tell you what I
said because I don't want to get myself in trouble in this e-mail.

Sports -- When we arrived back at Kevin and Kyla's place, I was allowed to watch
a little sports. I watched the Celtic come from behind to win their game.
Like I said yesterday, I am going to have Kevin record the Patriot football game
which starts at 1 PM. I don't want any more black and blue marks on my leg
anymore.

One of our UNICO members passed away on Tuesday. I will miss the Friday wake,
and the Saturday morning funeral. I always used to ask this guy how he was doing
because he had heart problems for years, and then developed prostate cancer. I
am pretty sure that he was in his upper 70's, His family will not be enjoying
Thanksgiving at his family's dinner table.

Black Friday - I think that we might go off shopping on Friday, but not at
midnight or 3 AM like some of the places around here have been advertising.

Well, I hear Max on the baby monitor.
I am on the morning shift.
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving wherever you are spending it. If you haven't been
invited anywhere, invite yourself to a friend's home.
One of our friends invited a couple to his dinner table because the couple's son
lives on the west coast with his family, and just couldn't afford to be with his
parents in the Berkshires.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: