Friday, November 12, 2010

Hello on Friday Morning

Dear Friends,



We went from the middle 20’s to the middle 50’s yesterday. We might hit the 60’s by Saturday. This weather doesn’t bode well for my desire of having a snow covered winter and Christmas. I was out in shirt sleeves yesterday afternoon washing my car. I have one of those faucets that you don’t have to shut off even in the winter time. As a matter of fact, I don’t even know where the shut off valve is inside the house.



While I was taking a nap yesterday, Linda went into the guest bathroom which I use. I told her that my clear shower curtain was like the “Shroud of Turin”. She thought that I was exaggerating until she saw it. She said that the shower curtain was “disgusting”. Of course she had a back up shower curtain. I usually use old shower curtains as drop cloths for painting projects. She claimed that it was so gross that she wanted it thrown out.

The shower / bath wasn’t up to her pristine standards too. She got on her hands and knees and worked on that while I was napping. She now wants me to clean the shower / bath after taking a shower and while I am naked in the bathtub. Can’t these chemicals that I use harm vital organs? I guess men don’t seem dust and dirt and bathroom scum like females do. When we were both working she paid a lady to come in every two weeks to do some cleaning which included both bathrooms. I would have to get a second job for that to happen!

She also wants me to stop using bar soap. I haven’t mastered using the body wash stuff. I put some in my hands, and don’t know what to do with it. There are blotches of body wash on the floor of the tub from the last time I tried using body wash. She suggested that I use those fluffing things that women have in their showers, and apply the body wash to it. Maybe I need a partner in the shower with me!



I was glad to hear from a friend that things happen in other people’s lives which you could get a good laugh from. My friend has been driving his car with a seat bag indicator light on. His significant other has been telling my friend that the light being on was no big deal so my friend just kept on driving his car. While my friend was backing out of the parking lot from his place of work, the seat bag went off, and hit him square in his face. My friend said that at first that he was scared and wondered what the heck happened? Did someone hit him or did he back into someone with a lot of force. I guess sometimes friends don’t give good advice.



I went off to the golf course yesterday to fill out a football pool. There were several golfers at the course waiting for the frost to burn off. Our pro shop has now closed. While heading back to my car I ran in my senior friend who normally puts out the golf carts, and who plays with us on Friday. I stopped to chat with him and asked how his athletic grandchildren were doing. Of course, he told me a story. He loves to talk like I do. His granddaughter plays soccer for Pittsfield High School. Her team lost a heart breaker in a Western Mass Playoff game on Wednesday, but that is not what we talked about the most. The teachers in Pittsfield are on a “Work to Rule” form of action because of a lack of a contract. Pittsfield High School had a fan bus for the playoff game, but teachers, who normally chaperone, were not doing so because of the Work to Rule action which includes not participating in extra curricular activities. My friend said that his daughter, who is the mom of the soccer player, and the LaCrosse coach acted as chaperones on the bus. Well, one of the students on the bus was drunk. The Mom kept the student on the bus as everyone left the bus and headed for the game. The Mom wanted to see her daughter play so she reads the inebriated student the riot act, tries to sober him up somewhat, and takes him into the game, and sits next to him for the whole game. The student who was drunk is a LaCrosse player. We do have rules about alcohol and sports as well as the course of action when students violate those rules. I would love to see if this incident gets dealt with in the proper manner, or if it gets covered up by the principal. It is the same old situation where we have rules in place, but we need people in positions of authority to enforce the rules.



Hope that your Veteran’s Day went very well. Danielle said that they had a well attended Parade in Kansas. She packed up her two children, and went to the parade. She probably should have been marching in the Parade since she is a Veteran of Foreign Wars.

They had so many veteran stories on the airwaves all day long. I enjoyed one segment on television where a veteran has volunteered to take disabled veterans scuba diving. He is teaching some of the disabled veterans into being Dive Masters who eventually can be instructors for other disabled veterans. It is so heart wrenching to see someone try and swim with a arm or leg missing..



Linda made it through her body maintenance procedure, and making several stops before coming home and getting ready for her evening book club meeting. One of the stops was brought upon by some comments of some people who have seen our house after the renovations were done. Some friends made a comment about the finished off laundry room which has an old washer and drier in it. The friends were saying that if you have everything in the room brand new from the toilet to the vanity as well as freshly painted walls, why do you still have your noticeably old appliances in there? We are having a new set delivered next week. Isn’t it wonderful to have so many close friends?



Her book club dinner meeting went well last evening. They discussed another book which Linda didn’t love, and couldn’t really get into it. This is why I love my murder mystery books. In the books that I read, someone gets killed, and the hero goes after the person who committed the crime. Of course, there are twists and turns along the way like any book.

The host of her book club meeting chooses the book. If was in a book club, I would go to the Sunday newspaper, and choose a book right out of the 10 best selling books that I see listed. This group usually chooses some weird book that you might have heard of, but just reading the cover would turn you off. This doesn’t sound like fun to me except for the food portion of the gathering.



Social Calendar – I don’t see anything listed, but we always seem to do something.

I never did any garage work yesterday. Since the forecast is for the day is to warm up, I am going to move the cars to the driveway and work on the shelves, and my work bench. This activity doesn’t involve Linda so that she can stay in her sleepwear for as long as she wants. I know that she said something about seeing a chick flick or going to a play with a girlfriend who is often out of town, but I think that friend is out of town for the weekend.



I didn’t go to Retro Fitness today. I strained my back doing something at the gym a couple of days ago. I get a twinge when I get out of bed. I feel okay right now, but I am sitting down, and not doing things.



Have a great weekend.

Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: