Thursday, November 4, 2010

Hello on Thursday

Dear Friends,



Another day went as planned.



I did a little leaf pickup yesterday, but I did hear a lot of lawnmowers going in the neighborhood. This might have been the last time that they would have to cut the lawn. The last few nights in the 20’s made almost every leaf drop from every tree in the neighborhood. With the predicted rain for today’s forecast, I wanted the water to drain easily as water flows down the street. If my neighbors weren’t working, I would imagine that they would have been out there too.



Linda had fun at her Knitting group gathering at Panera Bread. She was like an excited little kid as we said “Goodbye” as she headed out the door a little before 6 PM.

I told her that I would miss her so!



I was flipping between the Boston Celtics and the Boston Bruins. Both Boston teams won their games, but it did take the Celtics a single overtime to win.



Social Calendar – We both have appointments around 10 AM. Linda has a body maintenance appointment, and I have an orthopedics’ appointment to see if the medical staff can diagnose, and possibly fix something going on in my right leg.



Linda was all set to host a session of Mah Jongg at our house this evening, but one of the players is so sick with a cold that she might take the day off of work. Since the game consists of touching dominos’ types of tiles, the germs would be everywhere. Game cancelled! Linda and I both want to be healthy as we approach the holiday season.

This cancellation gives us an opportunity to do something together. I still haven’t taken the air conditioners out of two bedrooms. Maybe a little recreational shopping can fill the void.



After finishing this e-mail, I am going to whip up an Irish Whiskey Cake which will be dessert for tomorrow’s lunch / early birthday party for my father.



I hope that everyone is still enjoying the election results. My Republican friends are really so happy that the Republicans are now in charge of Congress. I think that this might not be a bad thing because now if things don’t get moving in the country, the blame can be directed toward both parties.



We had a non binding question on our ballot that was kind of different. A lady wants a local ordinance passed to allow women to go topless at our public beaches.

Our community voted the question down. Why can’t a female have the same rights as a male, and be able to have no tan lines from the waist up?



The news didn’t have any items that jumped out at me except the discovery of a tunnel from Mexico to California where tons of marijuana has been transported through. I don’t know who is buying all the drugs which get sold on a daily basis in the United States. People must have too much free time on their hands. We don’t have a lot free cash left over after paying our bills at the end of each month. We have no desire or time to dabble in the drug trade. Taking some ibuprofen to help us to get through the daily aches and pains is the extent of our drug taking.



Well, I have to get baking.

Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: