Sunday, November 14, 2010

Hello on Sunday Morning

Dear Friends,



Another day went as planned.

Linda did her Crafts Fair thing with her girlfriend from 9 AM until 3:30 PM. I had to call her after she dropped off her friend because she won some kind of gift at a Chinese Auction at the first Cfrafts’ Fair that they went to.



I dropped off my friend and waited until his appointment was over before I went off to do my errands. I took a power nap after doing my errands.



Linda came home with a car full of treasures, and I helped her bring the stuff into the house before we went off to do a little recreational shopping at Marshalls.

It was date night for supper. We used one of those radio auction coupons at a place in Lenox called the Heritage Tavern. Of course, we saw several people at the restaurant whom we knew.



One of the people who we chatted with was the brother-in-law of the friend who fell out of a Tree stand a few weeks ago. He said that his sister was going crazing trying to care for her husband who had broken a leg in three places, and broken his clavicle as well. He can’t even use crutches. He sits in a wheel chair, but his wife has to push him where he wants to go. He doesn’t like to read, and he is a fidget and tinkers with things, and he likes to fix things, etc. He is going completely bonkers every waking moment, and his wife is not enjoying herself at all.



While we were at Marshalls, it was like we were Christmas shopping for me. We purchased a pair of slippers among other items. You might think that this slipper purchase was no big deal, but it was in my mind. I have really tried to wear those slippers which you can slip on without bending over. Every time I go up and down stairs, at least one slipper falls off. Linda has this fear of me falling down, and breaking something so that she will have to be the care giver like the woman in the above paragraph. She also has the fear that I would possibly fall while carrying grandchildren up and down those stairs. Well my new slippers are like moccasins. My heel is completely enclosed, and the slippers stay on my feet. I wore them for the first time last night when I went into my Man Cave to watch some sporting contests. They stayed on my feet until I went to bed. My other slippers used to fall off even when I sat in a lounge chair. Well, this doesn’t happen anymore. Men are such simple creatures to make happy.



My Boston Bruins are in a losing streak, but my Boston Celtics won again on the road even though it took them one overtime period to win the game.



Linda was so excited when I reminded her that I was going to be out of the house around 9:30 AM until about 2:30 PM working that Special Olympics Dinner Dance today at the Masonic Temple / Lodge in Pittsfield. She is so excited that she can read the local newspaper and the Boston Globe in total peace and quiet.



I am betting that she will be getting a telephone call from her girlfriend wanting to use some Macy’s and J.C. Penny coupons at the Berkshire Mall this afternoon.



After working the Pasta Dinner, I am coming home for a nap so that I can stay up and watch Sunday Night Football which doesn’t start until 8:30 PM.



Well, I have to do some quiet chores and grab a second cup of coffee.

Have a great Sunday.

Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: