Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Hello on Tuesday

Dear Friends,



Our Monday went as planned.



I was once again the first one to leave the house. I needed to pick up a 50 pound bag of sunflower seeds. I added two more birdfeeders in the backyard on Saturday. It has been like wild kingdom for the past few days. It has been like the movie “The Birds”. I wish that either of our three grandchildren could see the cardinals, blue jays, woodpeckers, sparrows, chickadees, wrens, finches, gray and red squirrels, chipmunks, rabbits, etc..



I also had to get rid of a deck umbrella. A metal part broke during a windy day. I set the umbrella on the floor of a deck where it sat during one of our out of town weekends. A chipmunk or field mouse went inside the umbrella for the weekend, and made a home in the collapsed umbrella. I thought; no big deal as some sunflower seeds fell out as I picked up the umbrella. Well, the little creature not only lived and dined in the umbrella, but he also ate a three inch diameter hole in the umbrella. I couldn’t fix the umbrella, and with the three inch hole, I decided it wasn’t worth repairing. I took it to our Resource Recovery plant in my morning travels.



I also stopped in at the only orthopedics place which we have in Pittsfield, and made an appointment to have my right leg checked out. I am booked in for a 10:30 AM appointment on Thursday. I have to see my doctor’s assistant since I can’t see my doctor for over a month from now.



I also decided to visit Mom in the nursing home since I was son the road. I was there during the lunch hour. She ate lunch unassisted. She was looking good, and was in pretty good spirits. I say “pretty good” because she said that she was going to be moved in the next day or so. I am not aware of any changes in her nursing home status. She wanted to give me a few window plants because she said that she wouldn’t need them when the move takes place. It is so sad to see what living in a nursing home can do with your mental health.



On a happier note, it is Election Day here in Pittsfield, the State, and many places across the nation! I am voting for every Democratic candidate whom I can vote for on the ballot. We have a front and a back ballot because we have 5 questions to vote for as well as the multiple lists of candidates. Our polls open at 7 AM so you know where I will be.



Linda did enjoy the peace and solitude when I was doing my thing. When I had called her to tell her that I was on my way to the nursing home, she seemed kind of stressed. She is starting to get like me. After sitting on your butt for so long, you start thinking about things that you can do around the home. She was stressed because she was attacking the hall closest. The place is so jammed pack with so many of his and her coats that they needed to be thinned out. Wouldn’t it be nice to be able to use the closet when you have guests? Well, even after working in the closet, there is no room for our guests to put their coats. I must admit that I have the largest number of coats in the closet.



Speaking of guests, sometimes guests can cause problems. Linda was showing our Patriot Party guests all the work that had been done due to the water damage that we had in mid June. The girlfriends then started saying that the color of the current old carpet doesn’t go with the new paint on the walls. Linda comes home yesterday with some samples of new flooring. A guy is coming in to measure for carpeting in the living room, and dinning room this afternoon. Being color blind, I was content living with the mismatched colors of the walls and carpeting, but not Linda. Were the wives of cavemen fussy about their surroundings?

Another girlfriend at the party wants Linda and a friend to consult with her about some color issues at her home.

Maybe the next time that I have a Patriot party, it will be men only. Women put ideas which cost money into each other’s heads once they start chatting.



For supper we used the left over onions, peppers and sausage in a red sauce, and had some healthy pasta and a salad.



After supper, I went into my “Man Cave” to watch some Monday night football, and the final game of the World Series. I was so happy to see World Series come to an end. Football wasn’t that exciting because one team was awful.

Well Randy Moss is going to be released from Minnesota Vikings today. The teams with the worst records have access to him for one day. If no teams pick him up, every other team has access to him. There was some talk that he might go back to the Patriots. I would welcome him back with open arms. When he left the Patriots, they were without a deep threat on offense. Some players on the Patriots aren’t jumping with joy to have him back on the team.



Social Calendar – Linda is off playing Mah Jongg today with her usual Tuesday group from 11:30 AM until 4 PM. I have to deal with the guy who is coming to the house to measure for the new carpets. He is coming during my afternoon nap time.

We might go to some victory parties for some of the political candidates whom we supported after the polls close. I do have the Boston Celtics to keep me entertained if we decide to stay home.



Well, I have to do some quiet activities, and also read the morning newspaper.

Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: