Sunday, November 7, 2010

Hello on Sunday

Dear Friends,



Another day went as planned.



Linda was picked up by her girlfriends as scheduled. They bounced from store to store in the Springfield area, did a mid afternoon lunch, and never returned back to Pittsfield until almost 9 PM.



I some outdoor cleanup, fed the birds, took a nap, watched some college football, read portion of a book, and eventually watched the Bruins go down to defeat.

It was so nice to see my neighbors on either side of the house pick up their leaves. The three of us have leaf free property. Let the snow fall because the three of us are all prepared.



Linda is off again today, but she will be alone. The first ever Fiber Festival at the Eastern States Exposition grounds in West Springfield is calling her. The Festival starts at 10 AM and goes until 4 PM. I am going to watch the Patriots who play at 1 PM, and I am hoping to make an appearance at the birthday party for my niece’s son which my sister is hosting. I have to call my sister because I forgot whether the party starts at noon or 1 PM.



Retro Fitness is calling me again this morning. The place was pretty empty at 6 AM on Saturday. More people started to filter in around 7 AM.



The world has been quiet so far this weekend which is good. A lot of people are not happy with the President traveling to India because of the cost of everything to get him there and back as well as provide security. These people shouldn’t complain because people spent a great deal of money on the last set of campaigns whether their candidate won or lost. Now that campaign stuff is truly a waste of valuable dollars.



I was glad to see that Todd Brodeur’s home which he is building is coming along quite nicely. I am pretty sure they are ready to take down the old place which is right next to the one he is building. Todd and his family will be staying with his parents for a few months so that the internal work on the house can be finished. The project is not as simple as it seems because Todd has his regular contracting work to do, and then he has to find time to work on his own stuff. Ah, to be young once again!



I can’t believe that my Uncle, who came to our house on Friday for lunch, sent a Thank You card, and it arrived on Saturday. I had a nice chat with him on the telephone yesterday. He had called and asked where the mystery stop sign came from on our street. A few years ago, they put a stop sign in a place where most of us don’t like it. They did so to slow down traffic because it is a pick up and drop off place for the school buses. A lady also runs a day care center out of her home which is located right next to the stop sign. The Curley’s are not is a hurry to get anywhere so we always stop, but I do get nervous when people are behind us, and they normally go right through the stop sign.



Have a great Sunday!

Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: