Thursday, November 18, 2010

Hello on Thursday

Dear Friends,



The carpet guys showed up earlier than planned, and went right to work moving the large items. The three workers were of Spanish decent. The boss spoke the best English, with a little accent. They arrived with the new pad, and new carpet in an extended cab white van. It took them about three hours to complete the job which began with the removal of the old carpet, and old pad. The company which must have a contract with Home Depot is called American Carpet. A representative from the company called just about the time that they finished the job to make sure we were satisfied with their work. They did a great job. Linda is happy with the carpet since it now goes with the color of our walls.

When I highlighted their nationality, I wasn’t trying to make fun of them. They reminded Linda and I of our immigrant grandparents who came to the United State with no money in their pockets, but were willing to do the jobs that no one else wanted to do.



As soon as the carpet guys left, Linda and I tried to return everything back to normal. Did we finish the task? No! We have more stuff to do today. I have to put together a piece of furniture. You know, it is one of those items which says: “Some assembly required!” Linda read some reviews on how easy it was to assemble. Some people said that they really struggled to put the object together. Oh Darn!



It is probably good that Linda won’t be in the house as I do the assembly.



She is off to a 9:30 AM breakfast with her Red Hat (I think) group of Pittsfield High School Retirees.



The washer and drier are being delivered today around 10:30 AM. I will be here when the delivery takes place.



I see where Linda wasn’t the only one who didn’t think that Sarah Palin’s daughter should have won the Dancing with the Stars contest on Tuesday night. A guy from Wisconsin was so upset that he took out his shotgun, and shot his television set. His wife called the cops because of his violent outburst. He will probably not spend a day in jail because he is trying to work around his bi-polar disorder.



Linda’s knitting group went well on Wednesday night except the teachers weren’t there because it was the night where they had Parent / Teachers conferences. There was a retired teacher in her knitting group who Linda and I have known since when our two sons were small. The ladies were discussing Thanksgiving Dinner and what they do for Thanksgiving. This former teacher said that her daughters and their husbands don’t cook. They dine out most of the time. She told the group that she is going to cook turkey the night before Thanksgiving. She is going to slice up the turkey, and warm it up in her microwave oven on Thanksgiving Day.

Isn’t this a sad story? I just love being in a home whether it is ours or at a friend’s home where you can smell the turkey cooking in the oven. Microwaved turkey is fine for leftovers, but I wouldn’t serve that type of turkey on Thanksgiving Day.

Can you guess the heritage of this woman (who Linda and I do like)?



I finished another book as I watched the Boston Bruins, and the Boston Celtics win their respective games.



I can’t wait for Sunday’s 4:15 PM game against the Colts. I was thinking of having another Patriot Party, but this time a “guys only one” (even though one of the wives does like professional football). I haven’t sent out invitations because another friend and her boyfriend are arriving in the Berkshires today. They live out west, Montana to be exact. I wouldn’t like to have a guys only party, and miss seeing our godchild who doesn’t comeback east that often. I will have to wait until it gets closer to game day to say that the party is a go!



Well, I am going to get dressed and get to work, and try and assemble that cabinet.

Have a great Thursday.



Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: