Monday, September 8, 2008

Hello on Monday Morning

Dear Friends,

Our Thursday through Sunday guests just departed a few minutes ago.

Our Sunday went okay. I say "Okay" because it didn't go completely as planned.
We departed the Berkshires for East Boston a little before 7 AM on Sunday morning. This was the day after the 5 PM wedding on Saturday evening.

We said our "Hello's" to Kevin and Kyla, and Kevin and I headed off to South Station in Boston to catch an 11 AM train to the New England Patriot Game. The train arrived at the Stadium at 12:30 PM. By the time we walked to the Stadium from the drop off point, we missed the fly over, National Anthem, and tailgating with my friends. I will never take the train again unless it is a desperate situation.

The game had a low point in the first quarter when Tom "Terrific" Brady got knocked out of the game with a knee injury. No one knows for sure how bad that it is. No one has confirmed one way or another if it is a season ending injury.

After the game, due to a lack of communication, Linda and I got in our car, and headed home on the Mass Turnpike. Three out of the four of us had planned to go to a Boston sports pub called "The Stockyard" after the football game that you always see as you head East on the Mass Pike. We will make this stop at another time when we travel to Boston.

No, we don't have a free day today to rest and relax. I am taking my mother to a 9:30 AM doctor's appointment.
This evening Linda has a dinner engagement with the "Plumettes" who are the ladies who work at the Purple Plume.

I will be attending an exciting UNICO Board meeting which I am running since I am President of the organization.

My Red Sox are two games out of first place in the loss column. The first place team is in Boston for the next three days. If all goes well, the Red Sox could be in first place by the end of this series.

Have a great week at work or play.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: