Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Hello on Tuesday Morning

Dear Friends,

My day was hectic at times, but I did make it through what I had set out to do.

After lunch, Linda and I headed off to a local electronics store in search of a laptop computer. Yes, you heard that correctly. The Curleys now own a laptop computer, but there always is a story.

Linda has been researching laptops for weeks (which I wasn't aware of) just like she did for HD televisions. We go to our local Mall in search of the perfect lap top which will fit our needs. Of course, I have no clue.
The sale flier came out on Sunday for the laptop which she had been looking for. The associate at the electronics store said that the one we were looking for was all sold out. Linda asked where the closest store was located, and if these stores had what we were looking for. The associate, a former student of mine, tells us that they have over 25 in a Massachusetts Mall an hour drive from Pittsfield, and a ride East on the Mass Pike.
We purchase the device, and a printer which was part of this package deal. Neither Linda nor I have any clue how of how to set it up.
We bribed a friend by providing him with a steak dinner. After several hours, every device was able to talk to one another, and do what it was supposed to do. I say "talk" because our system is set up to be wireless too.
The laptop is a really strange device for me. I was looking for a mouse, but there isn't one. It is so strange to gently pass my finger over a pad like device to make the cursor move. Also, this is our first computer that we own which is not a MacIntosh. I will finally be able to open attachments from many of my friends that I often could not open. This is a positive.

I did go to bed a happy man last evening because the Red Sox knocked off the leader of their division. The Red Sox are a percentage point out of the first place.
I did stay up and watch Monday night football. I so wanted the Eagles to beat America's team, but they couldn't quite do it.

Our social calendar is free for the last day this week. I have few early morning errands, and then we are free.

As we were heading East on the Mass Pike yesterday, there were temporary electronic signs reminding us that the Eastern States Exposition is taking place this week in West Springfield. We might spend a couple of hours there today since the weather is supposed to be absolutely perfect for not only today, but also for the next 7 days.

Have to go and practice using the new laptop.

Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: