Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Hello on Wednesday Morning

Dear Friends,

I did my morning errands on Tuesday, but after that it was a day of rest.
No, we never made it to the Eastern States Exposition in West Springfield.

We spent a good portion of the day trying to get used of a computer without a mouse (the new laptop). We received several e-mails of people who bought mouses to run their laptops. My daughter-in-law suggested that we purchase a wireless mouse. We will make a decision soon.

Linda has nothing on her social calendar except dinner and a movie with a retired school teacher whom she worked with, and another teacher who is still employed. The ladies both are / were in the science field as teachers. I think they will being seeing a "Chick Flick". Oh Joy!

My day starts in a little over an hour. I will be attending a President's Meeting for retired educators at a high school which will require a two hour drive for me to get there, assuming no traffic. The agenda for the meeting has me at the school from 9:30 AM until 2 PM.

My day will not end when I arrive home near 5 PM. The UNICO National President will be arriving at the Albany, New York airport from San Francisco at 9 PM. Linda and I will be greeting the National President a little after 10 PM at the Crowne Plaza in Pittsfield where she will be staying. I better figure in a power nap if I am going to be able to stay up that late.

The weather continues to be perfect in the Berkshires --> Low 70's, no humidity, cool nights for great sleeping weather.
Speaking of weather, I almost can't bear to see the pictures of the devastation from the latest hurricane. I often ask myself: " What if was me who was looking at a pile of rubble that was once my house?" Every time some natural disaster hits, I thank God that I don't live in these places. These people won't be saying : "Life is Good" like I do every day.

Linda and I did leave the house to vote yesterday afternoon. Yes, we voted for John Kerry's re-election. We stuck to democratic party lines.
This might change for Linda when the Presidential elections take place.
I don't know if I can take almost two months of political ads on television.
At a social gathering the other day, I was accused of not knowing the issues by a person who used to vote democratic, but has since changed to an independent. I think we should vote for the people on Saturday Night Live to run our country. At least we would have a good laugh at our candidates who are spending a great deal of money beating each other up in the media. Bring back Bill Clinton, and a balanced budget!

Have a great day at work or play.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: