Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Hello on Wednesday Morning

Dear Friends,

No, Linda didn't have few hours to herself on Tuesday. The rain started to fall just before my friends and I were about to tee off.
As she was enjoying her first cup of coffee, reading the local newspaper, and watching the "Today Show" in total peace and quiet, she hears the garage door open, and then I walk in. Her joy soon disappeared.

I really tried to not bug her. I headed straight to our finished off basement, and starting cleaning in preparation for this evening's
" Mary Kay" party. Linda was very happy for a little while until the telephone started ringing. Most of the calls were for me except for one telephone call for her. She was planning on not playing MahJongg. Someone in her Tuesday group called in sick, and Linda said "Yes" that she could play. So that was it was it for her multiple hours of doing nothing but things that she wanted to do.

I did UNICO stuff after she went off to MahJongg. I folded, stuffed, put labels and stamps on, and licked 114 envelopes. My tongue was stuck to the roof of my mouth by the time I finished around 5 PM.

Yes, we did go to the 6 PM Irish Sister City Meeting. Yes, it was exciting! Are you kidding me?

Today, I head off to the dentist for the replacement of the cavity that the dentist popped out during my routine cleaning last week. I can't wait for the 9 AM appointment. I have a bunch of errands after the dentist. i hope that I don't drool my way through them.

I think that Linda just has some preparation stuff for the "Mary Kay " party for the 15 or so women who will be at our home this evening, and that is it.

I didn't go to bed a happy man last evening. The first place team over came a 9th inning lead by the Red Sox. The Red Sox closer couldn't close the deal.

Have to go and read the newspaper in peace and quiet, and then mentally prepare for the dentist.

Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: