Monday, September 29, 2008

Hello on Monday Morning

Dear Friends,

Sunday was a relaxing day since I had my mother's birthday a day earlier than it is supposed to be. She is 92 years old today.

I know that you are thinking that:" How could I have the incorrect date?" Years ago, during the time my parents were born, they often were born in the family home. Sometimes the doctors and parents would report the birth several days after the child was born. The date submitted was often off by a few days. We had celebrated my mother's birthday on one of those incorrect days for as long as I could remember. The social security administration, and the passport people had a legal date so that is why we celebrate her birthday on September 29. I just try to remember that her birthday is near the end of the month of September.

Some friends invited us over for a cookout during the late afternoon. Luckily they have a carport structure so that my male friend didn't have to grill in the rain.

Today I will be busy from 9 AM until 1 PM with the first day of the Superior Court trial for which I was impaneled as a juror.
There is no parking lot at the court house. You park on the street, get parking tickets, and turn them all in at the end of the trial.

I think Linda might have a free day which is highly unusual.

Her Tuesday session of MahJongg is canceled this week because of the Jewish Holy Days.

I did get to watch some Red Sox baseball, and some professional football games. My Patriots had a bye week. The Giants had one too.

The regular baseball season is over for the Red Sox. They won their last game of the season with a rookie knocking in the winning run.

The New York Mets faded once again. The New York Yankees were ousted out of the playoffs over a week ago.

I have to go and select some juror clothes. I couldn't believe how people dressed when they showed up for jury duty last week. They don't expect you to dress up like the lawyers in their fancy suits, but wearing jeans is so disrespectful in my mind. Am I too old fashion?

Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: