Thursday, September 4, 2008

Hello on Thursday

Dear Friends,

Yesterday, went as planned with just a few glitches.

My routine dentist appointment was the first troubled spot. The cleaning was going well until the dentist tried to remove some accumulated food stuff around an upper molar. As he was using one of those pick like devices around this molar, which was a previous filled cavity, he popped out the filling. I am booked in for next Wednesday for a filling replacement. I can wait for shots of Novocain, and a round of drilling before replacing the filling.

Linda's day went much better. She and a friend started off with a body maintenance procedure at 11 AM. After the pedicure, they had to do lunch. While they were at lunch I was home gumming some leftovers from our refrigerator.

At 1:30 PM, I assumed the normal position in front of a television, and watched the Red Sox win the final game of a three game series with late inning heroics.

In the evening, we went our separate ways. My meeting lasted from 6 PM until 8:30 PM. The task that which we set out to do was accomplished.

When I arrived home, I turned on ESPN, and watched the Yankees knock off the first place Tampa team for a second day in a row. I can't believe that I have been cheering for the Yankees. This joy of watching the Yankees win will stop after their final game in Tampa today.

I was in bed when Linda came home so I don't exactly know how her book club dinner / meeting went.

Our first set of overnight guests, related to the wedding which we are attending on Saturday, will be at our house this evening. Another couple arrives on Friday. We will spend a portion of today making sure the house is ready for our guests.

I also have been assigned the task of picking up flowers for the Saturday evening wedding. I have to pick up some platters at some point too, which are being made at a local deli, for a cookout on Sunday at the home of the parents of the groom. I will miss the Sunday cookout because I will be at the New England Patriot football game on Sunday with my son Kevin from East Boston.

The National Football Leagues season begins this evening. You know what I will be watching at some point.

Have to grab a cup of coffee, and do some stuff on the computer besides sending e-mails.

Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: