Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Hello on Thursday Morning

Dear Friends,

My day almost went as planned on Wednesday. I went to my REAM meeting in Marlboro, Massachusetts. The two hour drive was uneventful as well as the meeting.

Linda was busy knitting more baby clothes as I entered our house in the middle of the aftrnoon.

I went directly for a nap because I thought we were going to have a long evening since Linda and I were all set to greet the UNICO National President around 10:30 PM at the Crowne Plaza in Pittsfield. The greeting never took place. Around 10 PM, I received a telephone call that her plane was diverted to Newark, New Jersey. Her arrival in Albany, New York would be much later than planned. Going to bed was a better option.

The National President has a full agenda of activities which starts with breakfast at 8 AM.
We then go off to do a live radio talk show at 9 AM.
A fireside chat with the Mayor of Pittsfield is next on the agenda.
She is the keynote speaker for a luncheon engagement for the Rotarians.
We then have a tour for her at the Colonial theater after lunch.
She has a couple hour rest period before she sits down with a few UNICO members in a good old fashion heart to heart conversation at a pub which is walking distance from her hotel.
Supper at an Italian restaurant is the last Item on her agenda. Linda will be with me at this time.
If the National President is not exhausted, we might stop at the Curley home for a night cap.

Well, I have to do the usual morning activities before I head out the door.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: