Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Hello on Wednesday Morning

Dear Friends,

Another day in Curley world went as planned.

There is still much room for improvement in the old golf game. Linda suggested that I get some golf lessons, but I will wait until next spring.
Starting the golfing adventure at 11 AM was a bit of a change. My golfing buddies and I really didn't enjoy playing in the heat of the day.
A 7:20 AM tee time is the best time to play golf.

Even though the heat sapped our energy, two of my golfing buddies, who retired in June, enjoyed the day even more because it was the first day of school for teachers and students in the Pittsfield Public Schools. My friends cheerfully said: "Goodbye and have a nice day" to their wives as they headed off to school. Their wives are both teachers. The ladies grumbled all the way to their cars.

Actually , I am ready to change sports. Yesterday was the start of the Black Bear Hunting season in Massachusetts. Maybe I should winterize the golf clubs, and take out a new weapon.

Linda's luck at MahJongg was off yesterday, but she did have a good time during her losing effort.

Our paths crossed around 5 PM. I emptied the golf clubs from my car, and loaded it up with things which we had to drop off at a friend's house. The friends invited us for supper, and it was so hard to decline. Yeah right!

My first adventure of the day is a 9:30 AM trip to the dentist. It is supposed to be a routine 6 month check up. Nothing is routine when it comes to the teeth in my mouth.

We are both engaged this evening. She has a book club dinner meeting at a friend's home.
I will be off to a meeting related to the UNICO organization which I am president of at the same time as her meeting.

As the Red Sox were winning last evening, I was actually cheering for the New York Yankees. The Yankees were beating the Tampa team who the Red Sox are trying to knock out of first place in their division.
The Sox do battle at 1:30 PM today so you know what I will be doing for a couple of hours.

Have a great day at work or play. The Curley Lad

No comments: