Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Hello on Wednesday Morning

Dear Friends,

Linda's civic duty was over by 10:30 AM on Tuesday. She submitted her parking ticket, and went directly home. The only glitch in her short stint with jury duty was that she couldn't take her knitting needles past the metal detectors at the courthouse before she went into the jury room.

My 18 holes of golf started off in a dense fog. It might have been better if the fog stayed for more than 3 or 4 holes which it did do.

Yes, I had an wonderful afternoon nap before we headed off to the City Council meeting. Our Sister City President did a good job presenting a gift to our mayor from the current Mayor of our Irish Sister City in Ballina, Ireland. The meeting was televised, and they show reruns throughout the week.

We left the meeting and heading to a pub for some food and grog, and to listen to a four piece Irish Band. The band picked up a fiddler who made the band even better.

I went to bed a happy man last evening. My Red Sox clinched a playoff spot. They too had a good deal of fun celebrating the win. What waste of champagne & beer. They were drinking & spraying each other with my beer of choice --> Bud Light!

Today I have to emerge myself in working out the details of the Wine & Beer Tasting event which Linda and I are running at the ITAM on Friday night. I will be glad when this event is over. I hope that we make some serious profits after the expenses are dealt with.
I will be doing a radio promotion this morning at 7:30 AM. I wish that I could be on for an hour so that I could promote both Italian and Irish events. I will be on from 7:30 AM until 8 AM. The audio can be heard on www.wtbrfm.com

Linda has BONCO this evening. A bunch of lady friends are going to do supper before going to the 7 PM BONCO session.

I am content to watch my sporting contests.

I do have to make that 3 PM call today to see if I have Jury Duty on Thursday. I hope that I will be as lucky as Linda.

Somebody asked me if an Curleyisms took place last week which could bring a laugh. The only thing that I could remember was when Linda said that there were leftovers in the refrigerator as she headed out the door with her girlfriends to do supper and to see a chick flick. There was some leftover rice from the crock pot pork dinner, and some wonderful juices. I combined the rice and juices and made a soup which I heated in the microwave. While I was eating the soup like concoction, my eye glasses slipped, and I knocked my glasses off. They fell into the soup. I reached for my glasses, and the spoon fell in too. Both my glasses and the spoon were completely submerged. I had to wash my glasses in the kitchen sink. This all took place while I was sitting on the leather couch in the spot where Linda does her knitting. I don't think that I got any of the sticky mess on the couch. I did get it everywhere else.

Have a great day and work or play! The Curley Lad

No comments: