Thursday, September 11, 2008

Hello on Thursday Morning

Dear Friends,

I didn't go to bed a happy man last evening since my Red Sox lost in an extra inning marathon to the first place team in their division.

Linda on the other hand went to bed a happy woman because the "Mary Kay" party was a big success. I bar tended during the event. I am attributing alcohol as a positive factor in sales.
There was only one glitch at the start of the party. We had the usual peanuts, cashews, peanut M & M's, pecan tort decaf coffee, brownies, cake, etc. One of the guests has a life threatening allergy to nuts. We had to scramble to move all the nuts (and keep her away from coffee) to a particular section in the room. There were 15 women, not including a Mary Kay field a representative, and a first time Mary Kay representative. Yes, they did have man products.

I tee off in a little over an hour. I will not be wearing shorts today.

Since the weather has begun to get cool, we are starting off with our first crock pot recipe of the fall and winter season. Linda is hooked up with a crock pot blog, and she decided to try a recipe that all the people on this blog have been raving about. The meat is pork. I will let you know how it comes out on Friday morning.

Have to go and read the local newspaper, and then get ready for golf. The Curley Lad

No comments: