Saturday, September 20, 2008

Hello on Saturday Morning

Dear Friends,

Kevin and Kyla just left for a baby shower / picnic (for males and females) in Westboro, which is just outside of Worcester, Massachusetts. I fed them the famous bacon, egg, and cheese McCurley Muffin before they left.

The installation went well on Friday evening. I am so glad that it is finally over, and the organizer, Vin Marinaro, shares the same sentiments. Our friends, who sat at the table next to us went home full and happy. I think one of those lady friends, who doesn't have a weight problem, must have eaten at least 25 of those lollipop lamb chops. Most of the 80 + guests were full on the appetizers before the main meal arrived. A lot of doggie bags went home last evening. I will enjoy the one which my daughter-in-law left in our refrigerator.

Our UNICO National President is on the road right now to the Albany, New York airport. Vin Marinaro, the outgoing president of our local chapter, is in charge of getting her to the airport today for a noon time flight back home to San Diego, California. Pittsield was the first UNICO Chapter which she visited since she became National President in early August.

Our social calendar is free today, but it wasn't earlier in the week. We were supposed to attend a day long Irish Festival in Altamont , New York. The bus got cancelled due to lack of numbers.

This means that the Curleys are free for the moment.

I have abandoned my golfing buddies, abandoned my household chores, and I have failed to take care of the flowers all week long in preparation of last evening's installation. If our flowers could talk, they would be asking me for a large drink of water.

The lowest temperature at our house was 34 degrees this morning. It must have been cold because there was a dead gold finch next to my son's car as he was packing up his car. The poor bird was on his back with his legs upright.

I have a new animal friend who has been living in my bistro umbrella located on our deck. There is a cute little brown bat that enjoys the warm sun under the umbrella during the day before he heads out at night in search of mosquitoes. Not too many of my friends like the thought of dinning with a bat as they party on my deck, but it is my form of communing with nature.
At least I stopped feeding the birds during the summer months which means that we haven't seen any black bears in our backyard.

Continuing with an animal theme, a moose and a car collided with one another yesterday in a neighboring town. The moose had to be euthanized. The driver of the car was okay, but the car has to go to the repair shop.

We have another busy week coming up starting with me going to the New England Patriot football game at Gillette Stadium on Sunday. My friend and I will be tailgating at 9 AM in the morning which is when the parking lots to the Stadium open. Man food is on the menu. Man food is meat of some form. In our group , there are no vegetarians.
The actual game starts at 1 PM. It will be sunny and 75 degrees for the high of the day. The Red Sox game starts around the same time in Toronto.
Go Patriots, and Go Red Sox!

Have get dressed , and do some chores.

Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: