Saturday, September 27, 2008

Hello on Saturday Morning

Dear Friends,

The "Long and Winding Road" with respect to the Wine & Beer Tasting went well. Linda and I were ready to "crash and burn" by the end of the evening. A financial accounting has not been done yet. I have to get the food and caterer bill before seeing if we made a profit. Even if we didn't make too much money, a lot of happy left when the event ended around 8:35 PM.

No, I don't have a day of rest. I now put on my UNICO hat, and my UNICO brothers and sisters are working the concession stands for the downtown Pittsfield Scarecrow project from about 8 AM until 2 PM at a place called the Common on First Street in Pittsfield. The weather could be a factor. The gloom and doom rain forecast wasn't as bad as predicted toward the end of the day on Friday.
Close to 100 teams of people will be assembly hay scare crows using a bail or so of hay, wooden sticks, and clothes of their choice. I have seen the finished product, but have never seen the people make the scare crow.

I am so exhausted that I can't sleep anymore right now, and I can't even come up with any other thoughts. The Curley Lad

No comments: