Saturday, September 13, 2008

Hello on Saturday Morning

Dear Friends,
My nap after golf was a bit too long once again. My sleep patterns are all messed up. I am up before the chickens which is not good.

My golf went okay yesterday. The team that I was assigned to came in first place which meant we didn't have to contribute the $2 per week per man fee. All money collect by our treasurer goes for pizza parties, and cookouts throughout the golf season.

Linda was the queen of errands after she had a leisurely morning while I was on the golf course. Her meeting at our Italian Lodge went well also.

Most of our friends were busy last evening so we dined alone at one of our favorite places for fish and chips.

I am the only person with something on our social calendar today. UNICO is cooking hot dogs and hamburgers for a block party right outside the Catholic Youth Center. The cookout has nothing to do with religion. It is one of those neighborhood initiatives for people who live in some needy neighborhoods. You really feel good when you serve this segment of our Pittsfield population.

The only other thing on our social calendar is that a couple sets of friends expressed a desire to get together this evening. If I was calling the shots, I would fire up the crock pot and try that pork concoction that I was telling you about in a previous e-mail. I can hear Linda saying : "Why does this guy always think of things which involve her?" I keep on reminding her that when I was a kid, we were so poor that we ate home most of the time. The restaurant was my mother's kitchen.

Linda asked me to tell you readers some of the things which didn't go well in my world this past week instead of talking about her life. I can only remember one
The lamp post light bulb burned out the evening of the Mary Kay party. I went off to Wal*Mart the next day, and bought a $7.44 energy efficient, guaranteed for 7 years, replacement bulb. While trying to remove the bulb from one of those hermetically sealed packages, the bulb fell out of my hands, crashed into a million pieces on the cement floor in the garage. I couldn't keep a secret so I told Linda about what happened. She said : "Why did you tell me about your screw up?" Most women complain that their men don't communicate enough. I was just communicating!

Politics -- I can't wait for the Saturday Night Live skits which will be coming up on television soon. Two of the female actresses on the show I know will be a big hit. One of them looks exactly like Gov. Pallin, and the other actress looks like McCain's wife.

Speaking of McCain, he was on a program which Linda watches called "The View". She taped the program for me. Visualize 5 women, one of whom is a Republican, and John McCain. Two of the stars, who host the show, are African American. I normally can't watch this morning program because all the women pretty much talk at the same time. Linda can follow the conversation which they are engaged in, but they talk too fast for me.

Household Hint -- When you purchase lobsters, and cook them at home, what do you do with those rubber bands which are put around the lobster claws so that the creatures won't pinch you? I have found a use for them. In the laundry room, we have one of the collapsible wooden racks for drying clothes. To keep the rack from collapsing as you are putting on wet clothes, I use those rubber bands. They last longer than the average rubber band.

Sports -- I went to bed a happy man last evening. My Red Sox won as they played most of the game in the rain. Most of the East coast teams had their games rained out. The Sox have a day night doubleheader today.
I also can't wait for the Ohio State vs USC college football game. If Ohio State wants to play with the big boys, they better win this game.

Well, I have to get back to my quiet chores.
Have a great weekend at work or play. The Curley Lad

No comments: