Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Hello on Tuesday Morning

Dear Friends,
Our Monday went as planned. After a leisure morning, and cooking McCurley McMuffin for Linda and me, I attacked my first chore. I used the word attacked because I used my sister’s power washer to clean my tailgating grill. I took both cars out of the garage, and hooked up the power washer in front of our two cars. The power washer work wonderfully. The caked on residue is all but a memory. I did cause a little mess. As I was using the power washer, the charcoaled residue splattered over both cars. It looks like I had driven over fresh loose tar. So now I have both cars and part of the driveway with residue from the grill.
Once I get a power tool in my hands, I want to keep on using it for everything in sight. I went to my gas grill, and took out the three cast iron grill grates, and power washed them in front of our two cars. The black residue continued to land on the cars, and driveway.
I was going to power wash the cars, but I was nervous about taking the paint off of the cars. I will deal with the cars at a later date, but I will hand wash them.

While I was doing my chores, the crock pot chicken and vegetable soup was doing its thing in the crock pot. I cut up the vegetables using a hand held mandolin which Linda bought for me on QVC. I need a little more practice using this device, but it was fun to use instead of chopping and dicing with a knife. Yes, you can cause serious finger damage if you don’t pay attention. Do not use under the influence of drugs or alcohol.

The soup was wonderful. I grated some cheese. Linda bought an Artisan Wheat bread to go along with the soup. The ladies loved the crock pot soup. The recipe was those that you put in what ever vegetables you have in your refrigerator, add some spices, dice some chicken, and let it brew for 8 to 10 hours.

Linda called the special jury duty number on Monday afternoon at 3 PM. She reports for jury duty at 8 AM this morning.
I will have a more relaxing day on the golf course even if I don’t score well.

My Bat friend returned to the warmth of my bistro umbrella on the deck. Where do bats go during the winter?

My Red Sox couldn't clinch a wild card spot last evening.

Politics -- McCain and his wife were on the Rachel Ray television program yesterday after noon. As we watched the interview Linda said: "How can you not like him and his wife?" They did come across like your down to earth neighbor who would invite you over their house for a cookout.
It looks like Linda is crossing party lines. I just can't do it! It would be like asking Teddy Kennedy to change from a Democrat to a Republican.

Our evening is not free. We (me for sure) are going to the Pittsfield City Council meeting which will be televised at 7:30 PM. Our Pittsfield Irish Sister City President will be making a presentation from our sister city in Ballina, Ireland to our Mayor and city council.

No, the evening doesn’t end. After the city council presentation, which is on the first part of the agenda, we are heading off to an Irish Pub (O'Laughlin's) for some music, food, fun, and merriment. I can’t stay too late because I am on a radio program at 7:30 AM on Wednesday morning broadcasted from the studio located at my former High School. Just tune in to 89.7 on the FM dial (if you are in Pittsfield) to hear the interview. I will be speaking about the Wine & Beer Tasting which Linda and I are running on Friday evening at our Italian Lodge.

Have a great day. The Curley Lad

No comments: