Friday, June 19, 2009

Hello on Friday Morning

Dear Friends,
The rest of the day on Thursday went well with only a few bumps in the road. The first bump in the road was that I forgot to take my cell phone out of my cargo pants. Yes, I washed another cell phone. I went into the laundry room, and I heard this buzzing as I was emptying the washing machine. The cell phone was just crying for help.
I did what you are supposed to do for a couple of days which is to take the battery out of the machine, and cover the cell phone with rice. If this doesn't work, it will be a trip back to the cell phone store. Good thing that I do have insurance on my cell phone only. Linda was correct when she had me sign up for the insurance. She knows my past history.
Of course, I am going to tell the cell phone place that I lost my cell phone, and not washed it again.
Our grand daughter Isabelle is playing with one of my old cell phone that I have "lost" in the past.

I finally did get to take a shower after my stay in the hospital. I had a little problem with this which I didn't discover until after I got dressed. I let the water hit every part of my body in the shower, including the bandage around the sewn in port on my right side. I didn't realize that the bandage material would act like a sponge. Water drain down my pants leg for about three hours.

I started eating healthy yesterday. Linda made a baked fish dinner which was wonderful. Normally , I would help with the cleanup, but I didn't. Linda did it all. Even though I went to bed after supper to watch the Red Sox game, Linda stayed up to greet our other daughter-in-law from East Boston. Kyla arrived around 9:30 PM. I heard one of her two dogs bark, but I was too tired to get up.

Yes, our grandchild Isabelle is a cutie. She is in the toddler stage which means she likes to run around a lot, and touch everything, especially items with buttons. She even tried to yank the port hose from my body, but Danielle saw her going for it, and grabbed her first. Linda did do a very good job of child proofing the house, but it is difficult to chase down the "energizer bunny" all day long. I know Linda went to bed exhausted.
I did take Isabelle out in the rain at one point yesterday afternoon. She loved it. She cried when we tried to get her to come back into the house. She will love playing with the two dogs as they run around in the backyard today.

The Visiting nurse person is coming in to change my bandage, and empty the drainage bag today, and for the next two weeks (hopefully less). I could have used some Vicodin last night, but I never got the prescription filled. When my sister picked me up after discharge, she offered to go right to the pharmacy, but I refused the offer. Dumb!

I do have to get a little stronger before I get back to becoming a contributing member of the family. I am going to empty the dishwasher right now, and see how that goes.

Isabelle is going to watch Grandma cut Grandpa's hair today. Linda was going to cut the hair the day that I was admitted to the hospital. With 8 more days of growth, my hair is in the out of control stage.

Linda is cooking lobsters this evening for everyone except me. She thinks that I should stick with the mild baked fish. She thinks that I should stay away from the Lobster in drawn butter. Actually, she doesn't want me to embarrass my two daughter-in-laws because of the way I eat a lobster. She doesn't want me to frighten the grandchild. Oh Darn!

The weeds in my flower beds are loving all the rain. When the pain subsides from me bending over, that will be my first chore to take care of.

Some one asked did I missed any things on my social calendar during my hospital stay. I would need another e-mail just for that. Yes, I missed some event every single day including a meeting that i promised to attend on the day of my being admitted to the hospital. Luckily the Third Thursday event in downtown Pittsfield last night got canceled due to the rain.

Well, I have to do my morning routine.
Have a great Friday.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: