Saturday, June 27, 2009

Hello on Saturday Morning

Dear Friends,

My Friday went as planned. I arrived at the nursing home at 9 AM to visit Mom.
The staff got her dressed, and in a wheel chair. I decided that she needed some fresh air so I pushed her around the exterior of the place for about an hour and one half. Mom was in the "shedding tears" mode which was very difficult for me to handle. By 11 AM, I said my "Goodbyes", and headed off to the family home in Lee. The postage size lawn did need a trim. Luckily I did get through just as the rains arrived.
As I was telling Mom about my surgery and recovery, and my change in eating habits, she said that I looked like that I was going to have a baby. She really knows how to hurt a guy!


My senior golfing friends managed to get in 15 holes before the rain interrupted their play. I am glad that I gave up golf to visit with my parents.

The house is quiet, which I am enjoying, but I do miss the joy of seeing the grandchild as she wakes up from a good night's sleep. It has been so quiet that I started savoring another book. I couldn't do much reading if the energizer bunny was around.

Social Calendar -- I have a high school graduation party to attend today a few doors north of our home. It starts at 4 PM.
Sunday, three friends and I will be playing in the noontime Irish American Golf Tournament at a course in a neighboring town. Not embarrassing ourselves will be a top priority.

Sports -- The Red Sox and the Yankees won their respective games on Friday evening. The Red Sox are on the Fox Channel game of the week at 4 PM today. I am pretty sure that my son in Kansas will be able to watch the game especially since the Red Sox are playing the Atlanta Braves.

Politics -- The United States wasn't lucky enough to get their person elected in Iran. Should we interfere with the political aspects of any sovereign nation? We haven't done it with Cuba for all the years Castro was in power. We haven't intervened in North Korea's elections, or the ones which take place in the African nations. I am all for helping when requested to do so.

Observation -- After seeing what my mother has gone through, and what she continues to go through, I have decided that a quick death is best thing that could happen for our end of life expectations. Life in a nursing home is not something that any one of us should be looking forward to. Where is Dr. Kevorkian when you need him?

Weather -- We have had our daily dose of rain on Friday. There continues to be a threat of an afternoon thundershower today and tomorrow.

Have a great Saturday, and Sunday.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: