Friday, June 26, 2009

Hello on Friday Morning

Dear Friends,

My Thursday went as planned.
I say "my" because I am now "Home Alone!"
Linda hooked up with a couple of girl friends, and was on the beach by noon at Cape Cod. The were able to check in, unpack, and put on beachwear a little before noon.
One girlfriend wasn't able to make the trip because she contracted "Swine Flu". As of yesterday, no one had any details since half of the women didn't arrive until late on Thursday.

While she was arriving at Cape Cod, I was in my surgeon's office having my drain port removed. The wound is now bandaged, and the doctor said that I could resume normal activities as long as I wasn't experiencing any discomfort. He said that there is nothing that I could break.
I think that I will pass on Friday golf with the seniors, but I should be okay to play in Sunday's noontime Irish American Golf Tournament.
I will have to check with two friends who said that they would participate too. A week ago, I couldn't even begin to think about swinging a golf club.

My Red Sox got their butt kicked last evening. The Yankees won their game. Oh Darn!

Famous people dying, Iran in turmoil, political leaders having affairs, isn't the news quite depressing? Making our own news can help keep us sane.

Social Calendar -- I have to head off to the nursing home, and visit Mom, and see if Dad's lawn at the family home in Lee needs a trim.
I think that on Saturday, I will make a home cooked meal for him.

Observation -- I was thinking about all the people who I saw in the the hospital during my stay, and who were at the surgeon's office on Thursday. My pancreatitis, and eventual gall bladder removal was so trivial in the scheme of things. There are so many people going through life and death issues that my little experience was such a little bump in the road.
The one good thing was that it was a wake up call for me. I did lose a few pounds during the ordeal, but more important it was a wake up call for me. I am tired of being a full figured type of guy who wears XXL (sometimes larger) type of clothes.

Have a great Friday and weekend!
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: