Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Hello on Tuesday Morning

Dear Friends,

Despite the cloudy weather, our Monday went as planned for the most part. Isabelle, Danielle, Linda and I went off to see my mother in the nursing home in Lee. As we were exiting the place, we ran into my father. After a few hugs, kisses, and pictures we headed back to Pittsfield for lunch.
After Lunch, I decided to take a nap at the same time Isabelle went for her's. Isabelle woke up fist, and they headed off to the boundless playground for a couple of hours. They left me home still asleep.

It was supper time when they arrived home. Isabelle was so hungry from her playing that she ate two hot dogs, vegetables, and some jello. I grilled some burgers for the adults. Besides Linda and Danielle, our friend who stopped over on Sunday night decided she wanted to see Isabelle once again.
What is really sad is that I couldn't eat what I was grilling. I wanted to gobble up a couple of hamburgers with all the fixings, as well as a handful of chips. I had my bowl of soup and saltines along with some fruit. Oh Joy!

We will be having guests for supper once again. Another former colleague, my sister, her husband, and her son Christopher will be joining us. Christopher loves my handcrafted "Franny burgers".

Today is the last full day of enjoying Danielle, and Isabelle. It is difficult to believe that they have been here 6 days already.

Tuesday is also the day that Linda and I are going off to the cell phone store to order a replacement for my "lost" cell phone. I tried the cell phone covered in rice approach for several days. I used the hair dryer yesterday, and the cell phone still doesn't work.

I have a 3:15 PM appointment today at my surgeon's office to remove the port. Linda will be so happy because she will be changing the bandage for the last time this morning.

Politics -- The President has a Rose Garden Press conference today at 12:30 PM. He will be responding to questions. For sure he will be asked about the Iran elections, and North Korea.

Sports -- My Red Sox are back in action this evening. They are playing the Washington Nationals. Sometimes the best teams have trouble beating the worst teams in baseball. Let us hope that this doesn't happen to the Red Sox. They are maintaining a four game lead in their division right now.

Observation -- In the USA the other day, there was an article about the percentage of people who make their beds. 2 % never do! I am married to a bed maker. When it is time for sleep, she wants to get into a made bed. She wants it to be like you were in a hotel room where the housekeeping personnel cleans your room, and makes the bed.
I was wondering what some of my readers do about making beds in your own home. For me, I wouldn't care if it was made every other day, but this doesn't happen any more. Is making your bed a top priority in your life?

Well, have a great Tuesday.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: