Thursday, June 25, 2009

Hello on Thursday Morning

Dear Friends,
Our Wednesday went as planned except for the usual bumps in the road. The day started with a forced wake up of Isabelle since we needed to exit Pittsfield at 7:30 AM for the 2,5 hour + drive east on the Massachusetts Turnpike. Traffic slowed as we went through the last exit on the Mass Pike because of bridge work. You know the three lanes into two lanes, and cars backed up for miles.
We arrived at the Delta Terminal around 10:45 AM for their 12:15 PM flight back to Kansas City, Kansas. After the drop off, which included shedding many tears, we headed to East Boston to drop off some shower gifts at Kevin and Kyla's apartment. Kevin was so busy getting ready for the 11 AM opening of the restaurant that we only have time for a couple of hugs before we got in our car and headed back to the Berkshires. We arrived home about 1:30 PM, and I was so exhausted that I took a nap. My nap lasted until 5 PM when Linda called while she was doing errands.

Linda did leave a message for Danielle on her cell phone at an hour that we thought that they should have arrived back in Kansas. Well, the flight didn't go as planned. There was a 45 minutes delay out of Logan so that they missed their connection in Atlanta. Delta put Danielle, and Isabelle on standby, and got them out of Atlanta about an 1.5 hours after their original scheduled departure time. To be in charge of a toddler, with no husband to help you, was quite a challenge for Danielle. When the finally did get on the airplane, they were in the very back of the aircraft, and there wasn't even a window next to their seat. Luckily a toddler in the seat in front of them kept popping up and down to keep Isabelle entertained.
Mike picked them up at the airport, and they finally made their way back to their home.

I can't believe how quiet the house is. Within a few short hours, the energizer bunny was gone, and Linda just had me to bond with instead of Danielle.

My Linda was like a possessed woman the minute that we arrived home. She had to gathering all the stuff needed to take on her weekend adventure to Cape Cod. I told her to pack light since it is a Thursday through Monday adventure. Yeah Right! Good thing that she will be riding with only one person. She has packed enough, clothes, snack food, beverages, etc. which would take her through a two week visit.

My drain port removal got postponed again. Hopefully it will be taken out at 11:30 AM this morning. I am getting good at putting on my own bandage. Whenever I get up in the morning, I start leaking. A friend told me that this would happen.
I am continuing with my low fat diet. It will take a while before I shed those unneeded pounds. I am trying to avoid alcohol consumption too for a while. This will be quite a challenge. Maybe I will just do red and white wine. Beer puts on the old calories.

My cell phone is almost back to normal. I can make and receive telephone calls. I am working on trying to stop the humming when I go to shut off the cell phone. I think that I might need to give the cell phone a little hair dryer treatment once again. From what I learned , you have to give the cell phone a good week to dry out after putting it through the clothes washing cycle.

Sports -- My Red Sox won once again. The Yankees won their game too.

Politics -- Still not into Politics right now.

Observation -- How does one pack light when going on a trip? When on a trip, one friend uses old shirts and underwear, and throws them out as needed. This backfired one day when a housekeeper of the hotel which he was a guest at, caught up with him as my friend was checking out. The housekeeper gave him a bag filled of clothes which my friend had intended to throw out. The housekeeper thought that my friend forgot to pack the dirty clothes. My friend was quite embarrassed!

Have a great Thursday.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: