Sunday, June 28, 2009

Hello on Sunday Morning

Dear Friends,

My Saturday went as planned except for the usual bumps in the road.
I finished savoring a book, gave the lawn a trim, and took an afternoon nap.

When I woke up from the nap, there was a message on my answering machine that one of my golfing buddies for today's tournament had fallen off of a ladder, and landed on his deck. During the 8 to 10 feet fall, he used his arm to help break the fall. He landed on his back and shoulder. His wife was off working at her store. He did have a younger and more nimble helper who called 911. He was taken by ambulance to Berkshire Medical Center. I went off to the emergency room to visit with his wife, and see how damaged that my friend really was. I left the emergency room as my friend was going through CAT scans, and X-Rays, and headed off to a neighbor's graduation party.
When I called last evening, my friend and his wife were on their way to the pharmacy, and eventually to their home. Nothing was broken, but he did have a gash on his elbow which required 16 stitches. The doctor said that he should consider plastic surgery other wise he would have an ugly scar.
I will call this morning to see how he made it through the night. He wasn't too mobile when I saw him lying in the emergency room while waiting for those battery of tests. He couldn't roll over without out assistance. He was in severe pain when the nurses and doctors tried to move him.
He won't be swinging a golf club for a while. I don't want to give a recovery time line because when he was a kid growing up, his nickname was "Bull!"

Linda said that her and her girlfriends had another sunny day on Cape Cod. I don't think that they will see the sun today according to the Cape weather forecast. This means another day of shopping. I can't wait to see all the treasures which Linda returns home with. She is shopping her way off of the Cape on Monday.

There is a chance that a thunderstorm might pop up during the afternoon of our golf tournament. I can have fun in any weather conditions.

Sports -- My Red Sox won a close one yesterday afternoon while the Yankees won their evening game.

Politics -- Can you imagine that the politician who was "hiking" up the skirt of an Argentinian women wanted Bill Clinton's head on a platter when he strayed. "People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones" as the saying goes.
Power and money might not be such a good thing to have. Us people of relative means can't afford to do what these wacko's do.

Observation -- When I went into the emergency room yesterday, I couldn't wait for the wife of my friend to get me into see my wounded warrior friend. I saw so many people coming through the emergency room doors with their mouths covered, or wearing face masks. There appeared to be "swine flu" in the air. If I don't get some kind of airborne illness, it will be a miracle.

Have to go and eat a healthy breakfast, and read the Sunday newspapers.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: