Monday, June 22, 2009

Hello on Monday Morning

Dear Friends,

Father's Day went okay in the Berkshires. My father wasn't feeling well, so he didn't make the cookout.
We actually didn't have a cookout at all.

Kyla had some lunch, packed up her car, and headed back to East Boston at little after noon.

In between the rain drops, I took Isabelle for a walk around the block. Both Isabelle and I took long naps. We woke up just as the Red Sox won their game with a walk off home run by Nick Green. (The Yankees lost their game.)

When I cam down stairs, we had a guest, whom I used to teach with, visiting us for a couple of hours. She wasn't able to attend the baby shower because she had a large role in "The Relay for Life" Cancer event which was held this past weekend. She really wanted to see Isabelle. The last time that she saw Isabelle was when she attended Kevin and Kyla's wedding a year ago. she will be making a return visit after work today.

Speaking of our guest, when I told her that I wasn't doing well after the gall bladder surgery, she asked me what I have been eating. She gasped when I told her that I consumed hot dogs, and hamburgs, and chicken with the skin on. Since she went through the same surgery this past November, she told me that I really made a mistake eating what I did. She said that I should be eating high protein, and no fat foods. She said that drinking coffee is a "No No", but tea is okay. She said that I should drink plenty of liquids (water), and eat small and many meals. I didn't tell her that I had some Red Wine. Is this a healthy liquid to consume?
For supper, I did what she suggested, and I had no bouts of nausea!

Weather -- The weather prognosticators are claiming that we are going to have summer like weather starting around Wednesday, and lasting right through the weekend. The forecast is great for Linda's girls' weekend at Cape Cod.

The stain that I put on the deck is working very well. It is getting a workout since we have had daily rains. The stain is working so well that I could make a commercial for the Home Depot product.

I am not sure if the VNA is coming into change the bandage, and drain the bag today. Linda has mastered the bandaging part as well as deactivating, and activating the drainage bag.

Politics-- Do you think that the CIA had anything to do with the turmoil in Iran? I think that the person who lost the election was the one whom the United States wanted in office.

Sports -- I have the final round of the United States Open to keep me entertained today. Coverage starts at 9:30 AM.

Social Calendar -- Entertaining Isabelle is a top priority. For several days, we wanted to take her to what they call a "boundless playground". The daily rains have made this impossible.

Observation -- Grandchildren are great, but they require a lot of energy from the parents / caregivers. A 62 year old person chasing the "energizer bunny" is not very easy. I don't know how those women, who chose to have babies when they are 50 years old or older, can do it. Child bearing and child rearing is for the younger generation.

Have a great week at work or play.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: