Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Hello on Tuesday Morning

Dear Friends,

My day went as planned on Monday. My sister, father and I went to a family meeting at the nursing home. The meeting lasted for an hour. We decided that mom needs some time away from the nursing home. My sister volunteered to take Mom for a ride in my Dad's car on Wednesday at 10 AM. The staff will assist getting Mom into the passenger seat of the car. Marie will drive the car, and see some of the sights of Berkshire County.
There is still no way that Mom could go back home at the current time because she requires more assistance than what my sister, my father, and I could offer.

I went to bed a happy man last evening. My Red Sox won their game in Baltimore. The Yankees were idle on Monday.

Linda did eventually come home. I missed her return. I was in bed sound asleep. I didn't hear a thing. I will have to wait until she wakes up to get all the details of her Cape Cod adventure. We did talk on the telephone every day. The remaining friends did end their day with a harbor cruise out of Hyannis before heading back to the Berkshires. I am not sure if they perused the last Christmas Tree Shop (the one with the windmill) as they exit the Cape.
Linda already has us mentally booked in for a few days at the Cape later on this summer.

Politics -- The governor who "hiked" to Argentina to see his mistress is back at work as Governor in his State. It appears to be business as usual.
I did see read that men in Afghanistan want their wives to fulfill a husband's sexual appetite. I guess that these men won't except excuse of their wife being tired, or that the wife has a headache, etc. The Afghan men think that their women shouldn't be treated as equal partners in a marriage as we do in the United States. Us Americans not only get involved with the Politics of a country, but now we even try to change the deep rooted culture of a country.

Observation -- There was another accident over the weekend in Massachusetts involving a senior citizen and a pedestrian at the eastern end of the State. People in Massachusetts want our legislators to create some strict laws requiring seniors to be tested for their driving skills. I am not sure how my 85 year old dad would fare. I think that he does okay even though the back bumper of his car looked like he made contact with an unmovable object recently. I am not sure if his reflex actions are a good as they used to be, which is totally natural.
I do know that if he was found unable to retain his driving license, it would be like cutting off his legs. This would cause a new set of issues for my sister and I which we would not be looking forward to.

Well, my bachelor life for the past few days have come to an end.
I will let you know how this day turns out for us.

Social Calendar -- Linda has her monthly BONCO session at a friend's house this evening.
I have my Red Sox to keep me entertained.
I could head off to O'Laughlin's for some Irish music if the game is boring, on the other hand
I might want to stay away from places where I might stray from my new and healthy life style.

We have the potential for some severe weather today which might include hail.

Have a great Tuesday.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: