Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Hello on Wednesday Morning

Dear Friends,

I didn't go to bed a happy man on Tuesday because my Red Sox squandered a nine run lead, and lost the rain delayed game by a score of 11 to 10. The Yankees inched closer to the division leading Sox by winning their game. It was ugly to see the Sox lose.
The Sox play at 1:30 PM today. This does interfere with my afternoon nap.

Linda and I didn't do much bonding on Tuesday. I forgot that she had her usual Tuesday Mah Jongg session as well as the evening BONCO session with her girlfriends.

I am the busy one today. I am going to go to Lee for moral support for Mom's first drive (as a passenger) in their family car since December 25, 2008 which is when dad first took her to the hospital. My sister will be driving the car.
I will be attending a UNICO board meeting at 6 PM, but I will not be running it since I am now officially the "Past President."

Observation -- Am I the only one who is tired of the news being dominated by Michael Jackson?
How about the four soldiers who were killed on Monday just before the Americans turned over control (Tuesday) to the Iraqi's hoping that they can run their own country?
How come Billy Mays can have an autopsy, and have funeral arrangements made within a few days of his death?
Reverend Al Sharpton say that Michael Jackson "wasn't a freak, but he was really a genius?" I am not convinced by his words of wisdom.
If they spend many more days delving into Michael Jackson's life, children, and family in general, Al Sharpton might be changing his choice of words.

Politics -- How about the disgraced Governor saying that he had affairs with several women, and not just the one from Argentina? Maybe politicians like him should have a harem!
Finally, the courts in Minnesota have declared Al Francken the winner of the political race. The political wrangling has been going on for 8 months. Maybe a comedian will be a good thing for the people of Minnesota. The late night comedians have an unending source of material for their shows from the extracurricular activities which our politicians have been engaged in.

There was another accident yesterday in Massachusetts involving two elderly drivers. A new law aimed at senior citizens is on the horizon.

After I gave the lawn a trim yesterday, I was all set to load up the car with the grass clippings, and take them to our resource recovery plant when a neighbor said that he would take the clippings. He uses the clippings in his vegetable garden to keep down the weeds, and keep his plants warm.

Well, I have to do some quiet chores before heading off to the nursing home.

Yesterday, people must of known that Linda was home. The telephone started ringing the minute that she woke up.

Have a great Wednesday.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: