Thursday, July 2, 2009

Hello on Thursday Morning

Dear Friends,

A couple claps of thunder, and some falling rain was all it took to wake me up this morning. It is another day where I don't have to be concerned about watering the flowers in the front, and in the back of the house.

Mom's ride went off at the scheduled time on Wednesday morning except we went in my Subara Legacy Wagon. We left my father at home so it was my Mom, my sister, and me. My mother didn't really enjoy the ride as much as my sister thought that she would.
We didn't drive by the family home because we thought that it might upset her. Somehow, we have to get mom to accept that she only has one leg, but life still goes on. Yes, it will not be easy for a 92 year old person with one leg, but a person has to make the best of a not so good situation.

Last night, Linda and I went in different directions. She was a substitute for a Mah Jongg session at a friend's house. She is not a regular member of this group.
I went off to my UNICO Board Meeting, and did some socializing after the meeting since I haven't seen most of my friends in several weeks.

My Red Sox redeemed themselves with a come from behind win. Things looked grim as the Sox got up to bat in the top of the ninth inning behind by a score of 5 to 1. To tie up the game, and eventually win the game in extra innings was truly amazing. The Yankees kept pace by winning their game.

I am taking Linda's 1996 Neon for a yearly inspection today at 8:30 AM. Linda doesn't know this yet.

Yes, we are socially engaged this evening. Shakespeare & Company has their gala opening this evening. Since our friend is a donor, she is allowed to bring four people to a cocktail party, and then to a Shakespearean Play. My injured golfing buddy hasn't decided whether he wants to attend or not. I might attend the party, and leave after the cocktail party, and visit with my friend if he chooses not to go.
I am not sure if I could make it through a Shakespearean Play.

Observation -- Linda came home with a bunch of the Cape Cod Brochures, which she picked up on her recent girls' weekend. She knows that I love to read the brochures. One of the brochures was called "Pridepages". As read this Cape Cod brochure, I soon realized that it was designed for "Gays". All the places who advertised in this brochure are "Gay friendly." For any of my readers who might not know, Provincetown on Cape Cod is a haven for the gay community. As you walk the streets of Provincetown, the gays and lesbians openly flaunt the fact that they are gay. The stores and restaurants cater to the gays. There are some shops and taverns which do cater to us straight people. Provincetown is a great place to visit if you are doing the whole Cape Cod experience.
I did ask Linda if she was trying to send me a message since this brochure was among the rest of the usual Cape Cod brochures. She said "No", and that she picked up the brochure because it was labeled "Cape Cod". Yeah Right!

Well, I have to read the local newspaper, and get dressed for the start of today's adventures.
I am really going to try and be extremely quiet because it does appear that this dark and gloomy start to this day is great for sleeping. Of course, I will have to open the garage door which can wake anyone from a deep sleep.

Have a great Thursday.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: