Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Hello on Wednesday Morning

Dear Friends,
The big news in our local newspaper is that the State is closing down the boat ramp at Laurel Lake in Lee which is right across from my mom's nursing home. They found Zebra mussels. My contention is that if they found zebra mussels in this small lake (you can see from one end to the other), then mussels are most likely in every lake in Massachusetts which allow boating. This is the same lake that I grew up swimming in as well as doing my ice-fishing thing especially this past winter.

Speaking of Mom, my sister decided to take my for a visit in her own home today. I think that once we get her in her home, she won't want to go back to the nursing home. I will be heading to Lee to help out with this adventure in a few short hours.
My sister took dad to the emergency room yesterday. One of his legs was bothering him. He was sent home with pain meds, and my sister is trying to get him booked in to see an orthopedic doctor. He might need a little day surgery.
Our parents have become our children! Oh Joy!

Our Tuesday went as planned except that I didn't swing a golf club. I decided to started a form of exercise by walking around a nearby track. I have to have some form of exercise woven into my new life style.
The crock pot pot roast was very good last night. I ate a healthy portion, and didn't go back for seconds. I was amazed that the fat from the marbled meat didn't bother me.

I did squeeze in a Prayer Service for the deceased father of one of our UNICO members last night at 6 PM. The gentleman was the same age as my father, 85 years old.
Linda had fun at her Mah Jongg session on Tuesday. She has another session this evening with a different group of players at a friend's house. I have my Red Sox to keep me entertained.

The Red Sox and the Yankees kept pace with on another by winning their respective contests.

What will the media have to talk about since the Michael Jackson saga has come to an end? I actually shouldn't say that it has ended because now the media will have his will and the custody of his children to deal with.

I received my second cell phone to replace my "lost" one. I love it, and Linda wishes she had one like it. It has more features than my original cellphone, and Linda likes the color of it too.

We picked up more rain yesterday and last evening. The slugs and mosquitoes are thriving in the Berkshires.

Politics -- Health Care is the big topic in Washington. Could universal health care be on the horizon? No, I don't want the Canadian version. There are some countries where it does work. We are smart enough to work out the details. Yes, I know some of you are thinking that the government managing health care isn't going to work. Let's not say "No" until we see what a proposal looks like.

Have to finish the local newspaper, and head to Lee.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: