Friday, July 3, 2009

Hello on Friday Morning

Dear Friends,

Our Thursday went as planned.
While I was getting the Neon inspected, Linda was off to her Pittsfield Retiree once a month breakfast. The Neon passed inspection quite easily. The mechanic had to make some adjustments to make the auto emissions part render a "Pass" result.

Lind and I bonded from about 10 AM until our evening adventure. I did finish savoring another book, and squeezed in a nap.

My new cell phone arrived, and I hate it. I called up the 800 number and ordered one more comparable to the one that I "lost". The phone was small, and it had less features than my last cell phone. I talked to a customer representative, and they are sending me a new cell phone better than the previous one.
You might be wondering how I could not like a brand new phone. Linda went on line and read me some ratings for the cell phone. The one that stuck in my mind was that the cell phone was "adequate if you were a fifth grader.". I may some times act like a fifth grader, but this phone is awful. The customer representative said that I can use this cell phone until the new one arrives. Oh Joy!

The Shakespearean cocktail party went very well. There was much food, wine, and merriment. Around 8 PM , they started flicking the lights for everyone to go in the theater and see a production of "Othello." My male friend and I went to my car, and went to his house in West Stockbridge. We watched the "Dirty Dozen" for the hundredth time. I kept on watching the clock, and waiting for the arrival of our wives. They never arrived back until after 11:30 PM (the play started at 8 PM). The play was so long and tiresome that our wives said that it was good that we chose to skip the play. Many of the patrons left the play at "Half Time", I mean intermission. The wives said that we would have been bobbing and weaving since the play was so long. Unless we get free tickets, you won't see me at another Shakespearean play.

I am just about ready to load up my car with my golf clubs and gear. It is Friday golf with my senior buddies. The last time I played with them was over three weeks ago. I think that today is that pizza party which keeps on getting postponed.

The Red Sox had a travel day, but the Yankees lost their game. Their $180 million dollar pitcher couldn't get the job done.

Politics -- Nothing exciting happening on the national or the State level.
At the local level, one of our city councilors got arrested for domestic assault. He assaulted his live in girlfriend who likes to do a little cocaine. It appears that he was not liking her cocaine habit. She hit him, and then he grabbed her. Another relationship made in heaven.

Observation -- As I was getting the 1996 Neon inspected, I started thinking about cars. During our almost 38 years of marriage, we have owned only two new cars. We had purchased a Chevy Chevette, and the Neon. Every other car we purchased has been used. Even my father has purchased more new cars than we have. We very seldom get a chance to enjoy that new car smell unless we ride with somebody who purchases a new car.
Now that we are retired that Chevette and Neon might end up being the only new cars that we have ever purchased. We did sell the Chevette to a guy, but he died of cancer a few years after he bought it from us. I don't think that the car was jinxed.

Social Calendar -- Linda is going to make a grocery run while I am playing golf. We are bringing a vegetable dip and a dessert to an afternoon party on the Fourth of July. I will be slicing up the vegetables after golf today. It might be after I take a nap.

I checked the Parade Booklet, and our UNICO Balloon is the second one in the Parade. I think that I will be able to march in the Parade, and get home to watch the rest of it on public access television.

My Red Sox are in action at home tonight. I hope that the weather allows them to get the game in.

Have to get some healthy breakfast, and head off to the links.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: