Friday, July 24, 2009

Hello on Friday Morning

Dear Friends,

I would normally be selecting clothes for golf with my senior friends today, but there is a three day golf tournament at my club.
This lack of me being able to play golf is really okay since I have so much to do today especially when you arrive home from a multi-day trip.

The first quiet activity is to figure out where I am going to put 36 bottles of Finger Lakes wine. I might turn my small refrigerator in the cellar into a white wine chilling device since I am trying to stay away from beer consumption.

As the neighborhood wakes up, I have to cut the lawn, and do some weed whacking.

I also have to make a trip to the East Side Cafe to pay for a bus trip to the Saratoga Race Track for Linda and I. There is still room on the bus, if any of my readers would like to join us. The usual suspects can't make the trip which is scheduled for August 3, 2009, which is on a Monday. The price is $22 per person. We all bring some kind of covered dish. Even if we don't win betting on the horse races, there will be much food and merriment. A bunch of people go early and put picnic tables together. There is much fun and merriment on this trip. The trip is organized by the family who owns the East Side Cafe.

I also have to stop in and see Mom at the nursing home. If I am unable to do so today, I will do so on Saturday morning.

We are off to a cultural event this evening. Gary Puckett from a band called "The Union Gap", will be entering us a the Colonial Theater.

I can't believe that my Red Sox were ahead of the Yankees by two games when we left for our Finger Lakes Trip, and then the Sox were behind by two games when we returned from out trip.

We couldn't use our lap top while we stayed at the Showboat Motel, and Restaurant on Seneca Lake. They had no WiFi service. I also chose not to purchase a newspaper while we were there. The world continued on in its usual chaotic manner.
We did watch the President's speech on the Health Care Issue. You have to admit that our leader is at such ease while in front of a microphone. Isn't it great to have President who can "think on his feet?"

The rains came in around midnight. The front has pretty much exited the Berkshires, but there is a chance of an afternoon shower once again.

As the month of July comes to an end, Linda and I have our bags all packed, and we are ready for a trip to East Boston. Kyla has a due date of August 8 for their first child. Even though due dates aren't firm, we will be ready for the blessed event. Linda and I can't wait!

Well, I have to read the local newspaper, and start my first quiet activity.
I would also like to do a little track walking. I did do two one hour walks while we were in the Finger lakes region. I think that the wine tastings, and the food that we consumed might have wreaked havoc on my healthy eating.

Have a great weekend.
No, we do not have a free weekend!
Our busy lives have returned once again. The Curley Lad

No comments: