Friday, July 10, 2009

Hello on Friday Morning

Dear Friends,

It is a balmy 48 degrees as I begin this e-mail, but the good news is that it will be sunny and reach into the lower 80's today. We have hit 80 degrees only once in over 30 days. We would normally be enjoying the afternoons and evenings in the screened in room on the deck, but it has been too cool to do so. Linda tried to finish reading a book there yesterday afternoon, but she gave up, and came into the warmth of the house.

My Red Sox couldn't keep pace with the Yankees. They are now tied for first place in their division. All my friends who are Yankee fans will be saying: "I told you so!"

I won't be getting dressed for golf with the seniors since the course is closed because there is a golf tournament booked in for Friday. My friends didn't want to try another golf course.

Social Calendar -- It might be a "dealing with my parents" day for me. The wound clinic at Berkshire Medical Center said that the amputated leg is ready to have a prosthesis. Dad and his bum leg weren't doing well on Thursday. At times I wish that he was in the nursing home getting help and rehab. Dad was hurting so much yesterday that he didn't feel that he could go with my mom in the Cabulance with my wheel chair bound mother. My sister dealt with Mom at the wound clinic.

Linda will be trying to get half price tickets for a play. If she is able to secure two tickets, her and girlfriend will be attending the play. I have my faltering Red Sox to keep me entertained.

Politics -- Congress is dealing with a Universal Health proposal. How to pay for it is a big issue.

Observation -- If we had an influx of some serious cash, there are so many things around the home it could be used for. Our kitchen cabinets are nearing replacement. I wish I was handy enough to install new ones. We want new cabinets and a new counter top. We would also like to replace the counter tops of the vanities, and the sinks in several bathrooms. Actually, I don't have the tools necessary to do such projects. I am good at cutting the lawn, and weed whacking. I could work a grill okay too.

Have to read the local newspaper, and get dressed for the days' activities.
Have a great weekend.
Talk to you soon. The Curley lad

No comments: