Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Hello on Wednesday Morning

Dear Friends,

Our Tuesday went exactly as planned.

My sister dealt with Mom and her hearing aid. I think someone at the nursing home put her hearing aid in the container which has a solution for her dentures. Water and the hearing aid don't mix!
While my sister was dealing with that situation, I was with dad for his three month check up. His blood work results were great. The doctor ended the visit with a blood pressure check, and it was 120 / 72. Not bad for an 85 year old guy. The doctor discussed his bum knee, and back pain. The doctor suggested that he live with both of the situations. A knee replacement at 85 won't be a good experience combined with the back problem.

Tanglewood on Parade was fun. We hooked up with another retired teacher couple so that there was 6 of us on our little plot of land on the Tanglewood lawn. We had much food, fun, and merriment. The evening always ends with the 1812 Overture. I had fallen asleep, and was woken up when the first cannon went off. There were fireworks too!

As we were all packed up, and ready to leave Tanglewood, one of our female friends couldn't find her cell phone. We searched on the dimly lit grounds, and we didn't find it. Our friend remembered that she left the cell phone in the drink holder place of her folding chair. Her husband had bungy corded up the cooler, chairs, and a table. Linda asked me to call the woman's cell phone. The woman's cell phone was on vibrate so how could we hear the cell phone?
Visualize two women with their heads leaning on the already packed up chairs trying to hear the vibrating cell phone. Well, they had to unpack the chairs, and luckily the cell phone was exactly where she left it in the drink holder part of her folding chair.
Also, as we got to the car, and with our feet covered in mud from the severe rains from the night before, it started to sprinkle. Well the sprinkle turned into a driving rain, and ride home was a slow one.
We had to take a shower to get the mud off of our feet before we went to bed. Luckily I wore a pair of Crocks without socks. I will hose them down at some point today.

My Red Sox lost their extra inning game, and the Yankees were beaten too.

Social Calendar -- Linda doesn't have to move until she hosts a session of Mah Jongg at our house this evening.
I will be in Lee at the home of our parents. We are having mom come home for a couple hour visit. I am going to bring some leftovers for lunch. I know that she will say that she will want to stay home, but she is not ready to physically do so.

Observation -- I have come to the conclusion that I want to be surrounded by happy, and upbeat people. I don't want to be surrounded by negativism. At one point yesterday, I was in my car listening to the radio. Rush Limbaugh was on the particular station which I was listening too. I can't stand Rush, and his "Mega Ditto" followers. When Rush's 3 hour program is over, we are bombarded with Sean Hannity for another 3 hours. Good thing that we have choices, and can switch channels. I forgot to mention that this radio station has Glen Beck as part of their morning show. Enough already!

Have a great Wednesday.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: